Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > The Well of Wishes
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

This is the blog for Joe Siegler, the Apogee / 3D Realms website administrator.

That is all.
Rate this Entry

My toy collection at 3D Realms

Submit "My toy collection at 3D Realms" to Digg Submit "My toy collection at 3D Realms" to del.icio.us Submit "My toy collection at 3D Realms" to StumbleUpon Submit "My toy collection at 3D Realms" to Google
Posted 01-20-2009 at 05:24 PM by Joe Siegler

I made a purge of several toys at my desk at 3D Realms, mostly because I realize I have way too many of them! I'm donating several of the ones I'm removing to a local kids toy charity deal. But I still have rather a lot on my desk. There's two major sections I'm keeping. Those are Doctor Who & Pixar.

I have quite a collection of Doctor Who toys, and I have a bunch of Pixar things. Every Pixar movie (released, anyway) is represented. There's also a few other random things here. Below are some pictures with commentary.

Top of desk:

The first one is the top of my desk. You can see the tops of my two monitors in this shot. This is almost all Doctor Who. There used to be a boatload of bobbleheads here. All the Doctor Who toys in this shot used to be just on the top most part of my desk, they now have some breathing room.

Posted in Misc, TV & Movies
Views 40703 Comments 14
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 14

Comments

1. Old Comment

The Tardis playset with several action figures on it, as wel as a Duke Nukem action figure.

From L-R: Sarah Jane, Doctor 10, Donna Noble, Martha Jones, Rose Tyler, Doctor 6, Astrid Peth, Doctor 4.

Now Doctor 5 is here too, but he has a problem. A couple of months ago, he fell off the Tardis, and broke his leg on my desk below. I have him hanging here from the Titanic Lifebuoy. His leg is above him inbetween Doctor 10 & 6. I have a replacement Fifth Doctor enroute from England, but it hasn't arrived yet.
  2. Old Comment

The next group of figures from the top of the desk.

From L-R: Two "Host" from the Voyage of the Damned episode, a Graske, a Sycorax, Branigan, a Slitheen Walkie Talkie, An Ood, a Judoon, a large and small Cyberman.

Also in front is the Doctor's fob watch, and four Adipose.
  3. Old Comment

The remainder of the toys on the top of my desk.

In the back are two large Cybermen, and in front of them are two smaller Cybermen. One of the large Cybermen is holding a Melanie Bush action figure from the 80's. Said Mel figure has lost part of its left arm (it fell behind my desk and is back there). Also back there is a giant Doctor 9 walkie talkie, which came with the Slitheen from a previous picture.

Down in front is the last of the five Adipose, a Fourth Doctor in Bessie, two K9's. The one on the right is a remote control K9 modeled after the School Reunion episode. Finally is another Doctor 10 figure, a rather small Doctor 4 figure, and the Doctor's sonic screwdriver.
  4. Old Comment

Some of the Doctor Who figures from the lower shelf on top of my desk. There's four weeping angels around my larger Flight Control Tardis. Next to it are two smaller ones, and a tenth Doctor in front of it.

To the right are three Sontarans, modeled after the most recent series appearance.
  5. Old Comment

The (mostly) Dalek group...

The large Dalek is actually a bank. There's a human Dalek Sek there. The medium sized Dalek talks, but doesn't move. The smaller black dalek is a remote control one. In front of them is a very small Davros toy from the classic series, along with a small grey Dalek - which was my first ever Doctor Who toy over 20 years ago.

To the right are the Derek Jacobi & John Simm Master figures, as well as the master's Laser screwdriver in front.
  6. Old Comment
    The remaining pictures are from a bookshelf to the left of my desk.

This is the bottom shelf, and is all "Cars" related stuff.
  7. Old Comment

These are two shelves which comprise the most of the Pixar collection, and the non Doctor Who / Pixar stuff.

Lower Shelf: Back to the Future DeLorean, The Enterprise NX-01, NCC-1701 Shuttlecraft, General Lee, NCC-1701 Movie ship, and my Duke Nukem Porcelain Statue. The shuttlecraft is technically a Christmas tree ornament - it's an old Hallmark one. It broke a few years ago, and stopped "talking", so I cut off the cord, and it's now just a toy.

Upper Shelf: The Pixar stuff. There's all the McDonald's toys from Finding Nemo, Eve & Wall-E, A collection of the Incredibles toys, Mike Wizowski from Monsters, Inc, and several Ratatouille figures.
  8. Old Comment

The last picture. This is the top of the bookshelf. There's mostly larger toys up here that don't fit anywhere else.

L-R: Heimlich from A Bug's Life, Mr. Incredible (who talks), Buzz Lightyear (who talks), and Flik from A Bug's Life.

So that's my toy collection. It's severely pared down, actually. I removed a boatload of bobbleheads (about 30 or so) from my desk, and it's still got a ton of stuff.
  9. Old Comment
    That's quite a lot! I do remember you having more Star Trek figures, the Enterprise models certainly look cool.

For a second there, I thought the Mel Bush figure was topless :o
  10. Old Comment
    Part of the ones I have in a box to get rid of are three action figures from Enterprise (Archer, T'Pol, & Mayweather).
  11. Old Comment
    Eve... I need that one > .<
  12. Old Comment
    oh man joe! thats an EPIC collection!
    how do you not get distracted at your desk?
  13. Old Comment
    Heck of a collection there.

Is the General Lee metal?
    I have one,had it since a kid its surprisingly heavy.

Is the DeLorean a kit,looks like it has a lot of detail?
  14. Old Comment
    The General Lee is solid metal, yeah. No, the Delorean was not a kit, either. It's solid. I got it from a site called bttf.com a few years back. It's surprisingly nice.