Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 05-26-2003, 10:01 PM   #1
aavenr
E3 pictures (RMD included) & articles from D6
Hey guys,

Just thought you would like to know about a couple of articles me and Maniac have written on E3. We couldn't get info on MP2 for reasons most of you already know so we decided to do a couple of nice previews on a couple of action games we saw or played at the show instead. So far we've got previews on Far Cry and Half Life 2. A Tron 2.0 scoop (Maniac was able to take a tron 2.0 press kit home) and a Best of the Show article coming soon.

We've have also just posted a pictorial on t he show. It even includes a couple of pics of the Remedy guys we bumped into. Here's a sample where you can see Mr. Payne himself, Sami Jarvi, and Mika Reini.

Far Cry scoop

Half Life 2 scoop

E3 Pictorial

Any sort of feedback is appreciated by the way
Old 05-26-2003, 10:06 PM   #2
The Baskinator

Re: E3 pictures (RMD included) & articles from D6
You, sir, have just made my day.

"Friends? These are my only friends! Grown up nerds, like Gore Vidal, and even he's kissed more boys than I ever will.
Old 05-26-2003, 10:11 PM   #3
aavenr
Quote:
Originally posted by The Baskinator:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL, got a bigger, 1024 x 768 version if you want it... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2003, 10:18 PM   #4
Mongorian

awesome....
Old 05-26-2003, 10:54 PM   #5
neeek
god there were hot looking chicks u had ur fotos with [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] soooo ummmm did u get any "nookie" with them? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

go on man, tell us EVERYTHING.

did u take any more pics or is that all? so u havnt got mp2 pics n news n such 4 us then?
Old 05-26-2003, 11:23 PM   #6
The Baskinator

Quote:
Originally posted by aavenr:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by The Baskinator:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL, got a bigger, 1024 x 768 version if you want it... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes. Give to Basky... *nodding* [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

"Friends? These are my only friends! Grown up nerds, like Gore Vidal, and even he's kissed more boys than I ever will.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:51 AM   #7
biXen
Now THIS: http://dynamic4.gamespy.com/~maxpayn...rial20_big.jpg

is sneaky [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Nice pictures guys, looks like you had a great time [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2003, 07:12 AM   #8
aavenr
Quote:
Originally posted by neeek:
god there were hot looking chicks u had ur fotos with soooo ummmm did u get any "nookie" with them?

go on man, tell us EVERYTHING.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Err....no comments there. Actually it surprised me how the girls were so nice, not a single one refused to pose. On the Konami booth they had some actual Perfect 10 models with a green special FX background and you could go and pose with them (a long line though) and then get a print of the photo as the cover of a magazine . Might scan those pics too. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by neeek:
did u take any more pics or is that all? so u havnt got mp2 pics n news n such 4 us then?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Dude, we'd have loved to but it wasn't simply a possiblity. Only the big mag shots could see it. They wouldn't even show it to the Gamespy.com guys as it seems.

Quote:
Originally posted by biXen:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What can I say, privileges of a front row place and the camera's zoom feature... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ 05-27-2003, 08:15 AM: Message edited by: aavenr ]
Old 05-27-2003, 10:31 AM   #9
maxpayne.co.uk
Max looks like he's been sitting under a sunbed.

Hehe, if the Baskinator is lucky, maybe he will be tanned in the graphic novels in Max Payne 2.
160GB Serial-ATA Hard Drive
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro 128MB AGP 8x Graphics

http://www.maxpayne.co.uk
Old 05-27-2003, 12:29 PM   #10
The Baskinator

Quote:
Max looks like he's been sitting under a sunbed.

Hehe, if the Baskinator is lucky, maybe he will be tanned in the graphic novels in Max Payne 2.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Why would that make me lucky? [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2003, 01:38 PM   #11
biXen
Haha, Joe used to take upskirts pics at E3, no wonder he isn't allowed to come back [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2003, 01:44 PM   #12
maxpayne.co.uk
Quote:
Why would that make me lucky?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't some girls like tanned men? Or is that not a preference?

I dunno! I'm not female!
160GB Serial-ATA Hard Drive
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro 128MB AGP 8x Graphics

http://www.maxpayne.co.uk
Old 05-27-2003, 03:28 PM   #13
Jade

Wow!!! Damn aavenr! You're so lucky to met Sam! I envy you!!! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Wait...the other guy is Alex Balder? j/k [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ 05-27-2003, 04:50 PM: Message edited by: Jade ]
Old 05-27-2003, 11:06 PM   #14
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:

Nice pictures guys, looks like you had a great time [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Feh - I've done far better than that - unforutnately 3DR hasn't gone to E3 (or more to the point - I haven't gone) in several years to take more pics.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 05-28-2003, 10:50 AM   #15
aavenr
Quote:
Haha, Joe used to take upskirts pics at E3, no wonder he isn't allowed to come back [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL, yeah it really makes me wonder how he did FAR better than that! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2003, 10:56 AM   #16
aavenr
Quote:
Originally posted by Jade:
Wow!!! Damn aavenr! You're so lucky to met Sam! I envy you!!!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i guess i am pretty lucky. My buddy Maniac from D6, who also went to the show, for instance he never got to meet the RMD guys. He's was always on the wrong place when the guys showed up. When I met Matias, Maniac was checking out GTA: Vice City a couple of booths away without the slightest idea. Go figure. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ 05-28-2003, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: aavenr ]
Old 05-28-2003, 12:05 PM   #17
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally posted by aavenr:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by biXen:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL, yeah it really makes me wonder how he did FAR better than that! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">http://www.3drealms.com/caught/e3_2001/dsc00043.jpg

Old 05-28-2003, 12:39 PM   #18
Bruce Hamilton
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe3DR:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by aavenr:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by biXen:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL, yeah it really makes me wonder how he did FAR better than that! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">http://www.3drealms.com/caught/e3_2001/dsc00043.jpg </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Good 'ol Shoe-Cam! And no underwear, too! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
How do you expect anyone to remember your name, if you can't spell it right yourself, Broussard? It's basic positioning... None of that matters... It'll be done when it's done.... It's the spirit of the law, not the letter.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:46 PM   #19
biXen
ROFL Joe, you made my day [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2003, 12:52 PM   #20
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
And no underwear, too!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There is. Look closer. It's blue.

Old 05-28-2003, 01:17 PM   #21
aavenr
Quote:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by aavenr:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL, yeah it really makes me wonder how he did FAR better than that! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">http://www.3drealms.com/caught/e3_2001/dsc00043.jpg </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">OH MY GOD! Guess you were right [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2003, 02:17 PM   #22
aavenr
Joe: Hey, was just checking out the 2001 e3 pictures on the caught section and oh boy...i dunno if you already know this but you got Playboy's Miss May 1998 Deanna Brooks right here. I am antonished. You are one lucky fella....

[ 05-28-2003, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: aavenr ]
Old 05-28-2003, 04:57 PM   #23
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Lucky, eh? How about this one? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

http://www.3drealms.com/caught/e398/joebabe1.jpg

I also liked this one, too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.3drealms.com/caught/e3_2001/5/dsc00084.jpg

Old 05-28-2003, 05:40 PM   #24
aavenr
Quote:
Lucky, eh? How about this one? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I also liked this one, too. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

http://www.3drealms.com/caught/e3_2001/5/dsc00084.jpg
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hehe, nice. It sure seems like you have had your share of good times at the show [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2003, 06:32 PM   #25
hemlock_0
It looks like you had *more* than your share [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2003, 08:44 PM   #26
Maniac536
Those are some really cool pictures, I'm in two of them.

Me on left.

-Maniac

[ 05-28-2003, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Maniac536 ]

Old 05-28-2003, 09:05 PM   #27
PlayfulPuppy
Quote:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You look disturbingly similar to the younger Russel Crowe there! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2003, 10:38 PM   #28
Bludd

Quote:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">LOL, yeah it really makes me wonder how he did FAR better than that! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">http://www.3drealms.com/caught/e3_2001/dsc00043.jpg </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Most excellent. I give it five thumbs up.

"It's only rock 'n' roll but I like it."
What cat detector van? The cat detector van from the Ministry of Housinge.
Old 05-29-2003, 03:20 AM   #29
Jade

Quote:
Originally posted by PlayfulPuppy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Joe3DR:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You look disturbingly similar to the younger Russel Crowe there! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">lol...I was thinking the same.
Old 05-29-2003, 07:34 AM   #30
SkavenRMD
Remedy Staff
Quote:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">And no underwear, too!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">There is. Look closer. It's blue. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Isn't that what they say about underwear these days? Earlier on, you had to part the panties to see the bums. Nowadays you have to part the bums to see the panties.

/me cringes at tasteless humour
Old 05-29-2003, 12:54 PM   #31
Mongorian

/me cringes even more than skaven
Old 05-29-2003, 02:23 PM   #32
Hypher

wow sam looks like one of my m8s now, he all thin in the face, nice hair tho!!!!!

damn i envy u gettin to go to e3! what i wdu give to go!

well maybe one day i'll try be famous and maybe they will let me in :< seeing as i dont work for a games company or magazine :'<

maybe next year.......hehe
Old 05-29-2003, 02:35 PM   #33
Fraeon Waser Duhni

Maybe this topic should be renamed to "Joe's upskirts pics from E3" instead since that's where the topic has been for a while. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]