Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Shadow Warrior Source Code
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 04-04-2005, 01:55 PM   #121
Hudson

Re: JFShadowWarrior is available
I would kill a man for one of those limited edition blood mousepads

Blood is still to this day one of my favorite games ever made. It has reached an insane cult status
[INSERT SYSTEM SPECS THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT HERE]
Old 04-04-2005, 01:59 PM   #122
WillisDM

Now for the longest Blood OT yet.

Quote:
NotWieder3DR said:
Quote:
Besli said:
Uh, never saw this!
A great url that maybe will help to make the Blood port:
http://files.deathmask.net/
Is that a Cryptic Passage ISO I see in there?
Yes, it was, as it had been requested by many people searching for it. I, however, did not intend to leave it there this long, I just kinda forgot about it. I understand how you feel as a developer about full content being openly available. It is a project has fallen into that grey area of abandonware (note SunStorm doesn't even have the demo available for download anymore and Wizard Works was aquired by Atari.... we all know what that means [I'm thinking of calling Atari EA2 from now on]). If it were available anywhere other than auction sites, it would never have been put up (props to 3DR for keeping their games alive past normal retail sales! And even more for releasing source to otherwise unsupported games[in terms of patches/fixes]! When are you guys going to take over Atari for us? ). The file has been removed.

Quote:
Ras said:
I wonder if those listed on eBay are legit, or if he's running off his own copies.
They are legit, cd-only (no box) versions. Hoots Loots seems to be a jewel case liquidator of sorts.

Quote:
Maren Gnawol said:
While fearing I could be digging too much into this offtopicness, the Plasma Pack was nice but I felt it kicked ass mostly for the weapon enhancements, the maps weren't as inspired and atmospheric as the CP ones.
The Plasma Pak had a bit of the feel from Blood's early alpha/beta days which was nice, but CP levels seemed much more fun to me.

Quote:
Sir_Lemonhead said:
the plasma pack had more than new levels. There were new enemies(the little calebs that burst out of the broken mirrors was brilliant further ripping off of the evil dead series ) and new weapon firing modes.
Those mini-Caleb's were a great homage! I'm surprised they didn't make it into the original.

Quote:
Gila said:
would you please stop posting that deathmask links, mmkay?

i don't wanna lose that small but cool blood cult leftovers aka "community" we have there
Deathmask.net will never die!
Old 04-04-2005, 02:04 PM   #123
WillisDM

Quote:
Hudson said:

Blood is still to this day one of my favorite games ever made. It has reached an insane cult status
Hehehe, I'm only aware of two of them that still exist.
I own one of them, and you can't kill the man behind the deathmask!
Old 04-04-2005, 02:07 PM   #124
Maren Gnawol

Quote:
Rider said:
most of them are with the mouse freaking out at 'sudden movements'
I experienced this movement for about 5 seconds till I realized the mouse was set to make you walk foward/backward instead of looking up or down, I just disabled that and it's fine. There's also the screen jerkiness with enabled vsync issue, but that shouldn't trigger undesired movements. Weird.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:11 PM   #125
Hudson

Quote:
WillisDM said:
Quote:
Hudson said:

Haha, don't worry you're safe Anyone as dedicated to Blood as you I could take a bullet for

But if you do happen to come across one for sale somewhere and you aren't interested in it yourself, let me know if you think of it
[INSERT SYSTEM SPECS THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT HERE]
Old 04-04-2005, 02:39 PM   #126
Rider

Quote:
Maren Gnawol said:
Quote:
Rider said:
most of them are with the mouse freaking out at 'sudden movements'
I experienced this movement for about 5 seconds till I realized the mouse was set to make you walk foward/backward instead of looking up or down, I just disabled that and it's fine. There's also the screen jerkiness with enabled vsync issue, but that shouldn't trigger undesired movements. Weird.
The option to make the vertical axis of the mouse make you look up/down is not available in the setup. Disabling it's function will make it stop working entirely for me.

and the jerkyness happens on both axis with sudden movements.

Edit: Fixed it! The mouse acceleration was set to 4 and 2, setting both to 1 fixes any movement issues!
She's pretty, not "damn-she's-making-my-noodle-dance-samba"-pretty, but still very pretty... - Micki!
Old 04-04-2005, 02:53 PM   #127
Maren Gnawol

Quote:
Rider said:The option to make the vertical axis of the mouse make you look up/down is not available in the setup. Disabling it's function will make it stop working entirely for me.

and the jerkyness happens on both axis with sudden movements
Old 04-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #128
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Quote:
Hudson said:
Quote:
WillisDM said:
Quote:
Hudson said:

Haha, don't worry you're safe Anyone as dedicated to Blood as you I could take a bullet for

But if you do happen to come across one for sale somewhere and you aren't interested in it yourself, let me know if you think of it
I asked Willis a few months ago about it and still nothing. I think we're screwed on this BLOOD item Hudson.

Oh well... back to my game I go. I've been playing SW and Blood for the past few hours. Only stopping to try out Doom 3's expansion and get some food.

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 04-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #129
Ironhell

Quote:
Damien_Azreal said:
Quote:
Hudson said:
Quote:
WillisDM said:
Quote:
Hudson said:

I asked Willis a few months ago about it and still nothing. I think we're screwed on this BLOOD item Hudson.

Oh well... back to my game I go. I've been playing SW and Blood for the past few hours. Only stopping to try out Doom 3's expansion and get some food.
You guys should check Ebay every so often, thats where I got mine for 10 bucks.
Old 04-04-2005, 09:35 PM   #130
Damien_Azreal
Super Moderator

Quote:
10 BUCKS?!

Seriously? The Blood mouse pad.

I check Ebay all the time for Blood collectables (mostly the mouse pad and t-shirts).

Upcoming Anticipated Games: Doom, Shadow Warrior 2, Mafia III, DisHonored 2, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Old 04-04-2005, 09:47 PM   #131
Ironhell

Quote:
Damien_Azreal said:
Quote:
10 BUCKS?!

Seriously? The Blood mouse pad.

I check Ebay all the time for Blood collectables (mostly the mouse pad and t-shirts).
Seriously. Willis pointed it out on the Transfusion forums about a year ago, and I won it for about 10-12 bucks. It comes sealed to the back of the Blood Bloodless version. I keep it in its shipping box cause of its rarity.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:20 AM   #132
SamSwashbuckler
First of all, if you guys want to keep talking about Blood, how 'bout you do it in a different topic?! It's a great game, but this is not the place for it.

I "solve" the mouse aiming issue by assigning mouse-up to aim-up and mouse-down to aim-down. It's not perfect, but it's the best you're gonna get for now.
Old 04-05-2005, 02:53 AM   #133
Rider

Quote:
SamSwashbuckler said:
First of all, if you guys want to keep talking about Blood, how 'bout you do it in a different topic?! It's a great game, but this is not the place for it.

I "solve" the mouse aiming issue by assigning mouse-up to aim-up and mouse-down to aim-down. It's not perfect, but it's the best you're gonna get for now.
this works for me. (special notice, Mouse sensetivity is a big factor!)
Attached Images
File Type: gif 817339-thisworks.GIF (7.7 KB, 44 views)
She's pretty, not "damn-she's-making-my-noodle-dance-samba"-pretty, but still very pretty... - Micki!
Old 04-05-2005, 09:51 AM   #134
Viciarg

1.) JFSW crashed at the Serpent Boss as I had him down at ca. 50% health with a SIGSEGV.
2.) Another possible bug: HOM in the Ripper Valley as I used the Levitation and looked to the cave where the flying carpet is in.

Screenshot:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 817570-swcp0000.jpg (75.7 KB, 72 views)
Old 04-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #135
3D Master
What does HOM stand for?

Old 04-05-2005, 10:17 AM   #136
Rellik66

Quote:
3D Master said:
What does HOM stand for?
Hall of Mirrors effect
Old 04-05-2005, 10:38 AM   #137
Viciarg

Quote:
Viciarg said:
1.) JFSW crashed at the Serpent Boss as I had him down at ca. 50% health with a SIGSEGV.

I tracked this down to a crash while using the Ripper heart. I used it while fighting the serpent and I used it on lvl 5, both times it crashed. I used it on lvl 1 and it worked. Strange
Old 04-05-2005, 12:55 PM   #138
Phayzon

The day igot jfSW it ran fine but now, this happens no matter what bpp or resolution, fullscreen or window...
Attached Images
File Type: png 817765-jfSW.PNG (34.5 KB, 72 views)
Old 04-05-2005, 01:37 PM   #139
SamSwashbuckler
Quote:
Rider said:
Quote:
SamSwashbuckler said:

Analog_Moving makes you WALK forward and backward, though, doesn't it? I want the mouseup and mousedown to LOOK up and down.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #140
Rider

Quote:
SamSwashbuckler said:
Quote:
Rider said:
Quote:
SamSwashbuckler said:

Analog_Moving makes you WALK forward and backward, though, doesn't it? I want the mouseup and mousedown to LOOK up and down.
unless mouse aiming is on
Old 04-05-2005, 08:29 PM   #141
TropicalHyena
This is excellent! I'm so glad Shadow Warrior is now portable!

Two things to mention:

One thing, it sounds like the mouse thing is almost insignificant to you guys, whoa. To me, it's unplayable, so I turn the mouse off. But I know this is being corrected in the next release, so, it's cool.

Secondly, this may be dumb, but I'm going to mention it now. Have you guys noticed some sound weirdness? Sounds playback beautifully, and all work, but it seems like the wrong sounds... Load up and play through Seppuku Station, originally, there'd be freaky long drawn out "Howlooooooooo!!!!!" sounds. Now, they're replaced by the real quick "OWOW!!!!!" of a wounded enemy. I guess maybe the "howls" were actually the same sound, just stretched out a ton. - Still, if possible, I'd love to have that back, and working. The freaky howl sounds were part of what made the game's atmosphere!

Edit: Also, this may have been mentioned, but security moniters are HOMed in game.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #142
Ras

If it sounds insignificant, it's only because it's not universal. The mouse is working fine for me. As for the sounds, the main thing I hear is what sounds like the monsters' "agitated" state being constantly active.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:31 PM   #143
gila

Quote:

Secondly, this may be dumb, but I'm going to mention it now. Have you guys noticed some sound weirdness? Sounds playback beautifully, and all work, but it seems like the wrong sounds... Load up and play through Seppuku Station, originally, there'd be freaky long drawn out "Howlooooooooo!!!!!" sounds. Now, they're replaced by the real quick "OWOW!!!!!" of a wounded enemy. I guess maybe the "howls" were actually the same sound, just stretched out a ton. - Still, if possible, I'd love to have that back, and working. The freaky howl sounds were part of what made the game's atmosphere!
finally someone else noticed it besides me. it plays pain sounds instead of "roaming" sounds.

strangely i don't have HOM effects anywhere...
Old 04-05-2005, 09:34 PM   #144
Maren Gnawol

The "agitation" effect *might* be a side effect of having 32 sounds enabled instead of let's say, 8. I can't confirm as I'm not in front of my computer right now but you could switch to a lower number (in case you haven't) and let us know what happens.
Old 04-05-2005, 09:37 PM   #145
Ras

I do have 32 voices activated. I'll try lowering that later.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:57 AM   #146
Rider

has anyone noticed how the brightness screws up at startup? It's superbright at boot, then when you alter it once in the menu, it jumps back to the original value.

it's really strange...
Old 04-06-2005, 03:05 AM   #147
jimbob

yeah, i noticed. wanted to post it but i have the concentration span of a

hey look a bird \\\o/
Old 04-06-2005, 08:51 AM   #148
JonoF

Thanks for this information. I'm making note of these things and will fix them as I get to them.

Jonathon
Old 04-06-2005, 09:57 AM   #149
Rellik66

Another bug, switching to 3rd person view(F7) the HUD weapon stays visible.

and a note on the camera wall, it works in 8bit classic mode, so it must be a OpenGL bug as mentioned in the Release notes. IIRC, JFDuke has a similar probem with the security monitors, when you start to back away from the security monitor, the camera should still be visible, but it's not:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 818587-duke0000.jpg (82.9 KB, 74 views)
Old 04-06-2005, 12:32 PM   #150
Phayzon

You do realize that what you posted is jfDuke, we're talking about jfSW
Old 04-06-2005, 01:57 PM   #151
Ras

He's using it as an example to try to help with the security camera problem in jfSW.
Old 04-06-2005, 02:38 PM   #152
SamSwashbuckler
Interesting, you put in the JF setup that you want mouse MOVING on, and then in-game you use the mouse AIMING option (default U) in order to use the in-game vertical mouse-aiming? That's a bit odd.....

Anyway, the mouse aiming as it currently stands, is about as good as what I suggested before, assigning mouseUp to aim up and mouseDown to aim down. I'm sure Jono will improve it.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:00 PM   #153
Phayzon

Quote:
Ras said:
He's using it as an example to try to help with the security camera problem in jfSW.
Oh, ok.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:12 PM   #154
Ras

The only mouse problems I have right now are when I control vehicles. For some reason, the view is drifting up or down when I try to turn. It's making the vehicles practically uncontrollable.
Old 04-06-2005, 04:58 PM   #155
MegaMustaine

Game crashed when I shot at a shadow ninja with a rocket, and at the same time he launched his explosive attack at me.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:30 PM   #156
SamSwashbuckler
Did it give an error message? I've had one or two crashes where it simply exits to desktop, no warning/message/indication at all.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:37 PM   #157
Viciarg

You may find the reason for the crashes in the logfile...
Old 04-07-2005, 12:13 AM   #158
MegaMustaine

No message, just crashed.
Old 04-07-2005, 03:11 AM   #159
Rider

say, are those 'cloaked' gunfodder guys supposed to be able to kill you in 1 shot? Because honoustly it's getting a bit annoying to get so far and then not noticing him and get pwned in 1 shot...
Old 04-07-2005, 10:44 AM   #160
Sir Lemonhead
Quote:
Rider said:
say, are those 'cloaked' gunfodder guys supposed to be able to kill you in 1 shot? Because honoustly it's getting a bit annoying to get so far and then not noticing him and get pwned in 1 shot...
I'm getting killed ridiculously easily by certain enemies..namely those green things who's head you can use as a weapon. Seems like 1 hit kill at times (sorry, I don't know Shadow Warrior that well )