Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Shadow Warrior Source Code
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-27-2005, 01:05 AM   #281
cladinshadows

Re: Bug Report
Quote:
ProAsm said:
Yes we all know about that one, just switch to 8 bit to get past that one.
JF and Ken are working on it.
LOL, I did that one in 32 bit mode by just trying it blind. Too bad I didn't have sense enough to tone down the graphics!
But it was fun after awhile haha.
Old 10-09-2005, 12:16 AM   #282
SamSwashbuckler
Re: Bug Report
Something tells me there's going to be a new JonoF release set within the hour.....
Old 10-09-2005, 01:55 AM   #283
JonoF

9 October 2005 release
Something tells me you're right.

Updated JFShadowWarrior is finally out. The main things in this release are stability fixes and Ken's GL voxels and 2D map. You can also play multiplayer in peer-to-peer mode, but master-slave mode is busted at the moment. See the release notes on my site for information (the copy in the ZIP file is missing the multiplayer information -- I forgot to put it in).

For the curious, I've been working on this a bit lately, and JFAud is getting close to being ready for public testing.

Let me know of any problems you find.

Jonathon
Old 10-09-2005, 02:59 AM   #284
SamSwashbuckler
Re: 9 October 2005 release
I tried the P2P multiplayer with a friend and it works great! Thanks a lot Jono, excellent work!

Anyone want to play, send me an IM!
Old 10-09-2005, 04:59 AM   #285
hitman71

Damn damn damn. Sunday is always a busy day for me (shopping, inlaws round etc.) and tomorrow i have a ton to do. I might not get chance to really give this a good play till tuesday !!

OMG, i'm off to cry
Old 10-09-2005, 06:02 AM   #286
hitman71

Had a chance to play the first 3 levels. Just to check stability and control etc. Played smooth as silk. I don't notice anything different in the gfx though, maybe the flags waving in the wind ? Theres one on level 2 and one on level 3. Maybe i need to turn voxels on in the options again ??

Gonna get this on my 2nd pc now and get a mate round to try it out later. Can't wait

/me rubs hands together...
Old 10-09-2005, 06:34 AM   #287
Carger2000
Awesome
Old 10-09-2005, 06:37 AM   #288
Phayzon

Awesome timing Jono. Me and my friend have just out-played co-op Duke3D, Doom, and Quake 1&2. The long awaited multiplayer SW is here!!!!

EDIT: ProAsm, will there be a new SWP that has multiplayer soon?

EDIT2: Aw damn, no (or very damn low) joystick support Oh well at least i made it work for me in Duke!

Quote:
hitman71 said:
OMG, i'm off to cry
Im joining you
Old 10-09-2005, 10:10 AM   #289
hitman71

Now i really am gutted. SW runs like treacle on a voodoo5 - 128mb video card. Choosing 16bit gives weird colours on everything. This is very odd, cos i used to play Counterstrike on this pc with 0 problems.

Has anyone else played SW Port on a voodoo card ?

hmmm, well 8bit mode works fullscreen and windowed, 1024, 44100 audio 32 voices etc etc. Just 16 bit and 32bit crawl at stupidospeed. I know this system is capable of playing this so i can only assume that voodoos have problems running this port in 16bit and 32bit mode ?

I'd like to hear from anyone else with voodoo cards
Old 10-09-2005, 11:47 AM   #290
SamSwashbuckler
Voodoo cards? Those things still exist? Did you ever get SW (not JFSW) running in 3dFX mode?
Old 10-09-2005, 11:58 AM   #291
JonoF

Voodoo cards are officially unsupported. I bought a Voodoo 2 for the purpose of verifying it myself, and unless Ken and I figure out how to rejig Polymost to satisfy the Voodoo chips, it'll have to stay broken. However, speed was not an issue on my Voodoo 2 except when an OpenGL voxel came into view, which of course ruined it because of the many thousands of polygons involved in rendering a voxel.

Jonathon
Old 10-09-2005, 01:37 PM   #292
HanCi

I just tried the port with Wine(and Linux). The keybord didn't seem to work every time(it would just print bunch of w's to the console I had open in the background). Restarting helped but this isn't really good thing for multiplayer gaming.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:26 PM   #293
hitman71

SW runs in 8 bit fullscreen mode at 1024 res, as fast as ***k on this voodoo5. Any mode above 8bit (16 and 32) in ANY screenmode and its massive speed drops or weird colours. I'm talking less than 1fps and dark green shadow warrior logo's etc. I played Multiplayer with a mate tonight, for about 3 hours without 1 glitch !!

Of course, my pc is running it in 32bit with the highres pack and he was confined to 8 bit without the highres pack. He didn't mind though as its a new game to him.

Was great fun playing WB and CO-OP again !

I don't expect voodoo support to be added, so i'll maybe just upgrade my video card and move my current one to the second machine. Both will be nvidias then and i won't have a worry...

btw, the 3dfx version of sw used to run a dream on win98 and voodoo2,3 + 5. Wasn't a huge difference though, just fancier explosions here and there.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:29 PM   #294
Phayzon

Me and a friend played and had quite a few crashes, namely in ep2, not a single one in ep1.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:35 PM   #295
hitman71

well, we were getting close to the end of level 4 (eps 1) and it did crash, one went to desktop, the other locked up. We stopped playing then. Not tried eps 2 yet. Its certainly a huge addition to be able to play co-op and wb. Just what the doc ordered.
Old 10-09-2005, 04:56 PM   #296
Phayzon

hmm... End of l4 crash rings a bell, i think one happened there.
Old 10-12-2005, 08:43 AM   #297
GOK

I am stupid.... or I am doing something basically wrong to get a 2 player peer-peer game going. We've read the docs and get no farther than one of us with SW running with the "waiting for other players... but they are afraid" screen and the other player with the small SW window up (before the real SW is loaded) with the final message "waiting for other players. Anyone got a simple step by step for me? Or suggestions on troubleshooting?
Old 10-13-2005, 02:03 AM   #298
hitman71

Run the game in normal SP mode first and be sure firewalls allow them to "get out". Then be sure you have the command lines correct when running each game.

Mines set up like this.

Main pc - D:\SWarrior\sw.exe /net /n1 192.000.000.000
Slave pc - C:\SWar\sw.exe /net 192.000.000.001 /n1

I run Main first, make sure its "waiting" then run the other. When they see each other either comp can start the game i believe and only multiplayer options will be available. Only thing i don't know how to do is set player names.

I got a friend hooked into SW last saturday night, and now he's coming round again this saturday night. He wants to make it regular
Old 10-13-2005, 08:21 AM   #299
Phayzon

with the -name command, i made a multiplayer shortcut becuase i do multiplayer duke alot, so i figured id do it for sw, anyways my shortcut is set like this

C:\Duke3D\MP\Duke3D.exe -name PhAyzoN /net /n0

C:\SWar\MP\sw.exe -name PPPPhAyzoN /net /n1 ***.***.*.***

Yes, PPPhAyzoN is correct. On player 2's screen, it cuts off the first two letters of my player name, so it doesnt say "AyzoN kicked his own ass".
Old 10-13-2005, 09:11 AM   #300
hitman71

cool. as soon as i typed "i can't do names" i thought to myself i bet its something simple like a commandline switch. lol

added to shortcuts now
Old 10-13-2005, 10:05 AM   #301
Phayzon

I knew I had a good idea, btw, hitman, do you have MSN or AIM?
Old 10-13-2005, 01:03 PM   #302
SamSwashbuckler
Phayzon & Hitman see this thread:
http://forums.3drealms.com/ubbthreads/sh...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Old 10-13-2005, 02:23 PM   #303
Phayzon

I posted hours ago, and im waiting for you not to be away on MSN and AIM.
Old 10-14-2005, 02:02 AM   #304
coksakinol

is this continue??

sorry sam..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 967412-sw.jpg (63.1 KB, 95 views)
Old 10-14-2005, 02:18 AM   #305
SamSwashbuckler
Does nobody read the release notes? You should make it open (without option) in the installer Jono.
Old 10-15-2005, 11:03 PM   #306
john2gr
I haven't said thnk you for this great port........so thnx a lot JonoF
Old 11-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #307
3D Master
Hey, Jonof.

I'd like to ask; will Shadow Warrior get a 'hud size' selector like Duke3D? I find the Shadow Warrior hud WAY too big; it almost sucks up half the screen, but without it it's so difficult to see how much I have of everything.

Old 11-16-2005, 02:26 AM   #308
Psykomanius

Quote:
3D Master said:
Hey, Jonof.

I'd like to ask; will Shadow Warrior get a 'hud size' selector like Duke3D? I find the Shadow Warrior hud WAY too big; it almost sucks up half the screen, but without it it's so difficult to see how much I have of everything.
Yeah. This one will be cool to add.
It is tooooo big...
Old 11-16-2005, 09:32 AM   #309
ProAsm

Thats one of the sole reasons I made Swp.exe and same with Duke3dw.exe
Try them out
Old 11-16-2005, 03:07 PM   #310
Psykomanius

Quote:
ProAsm said:
Thats one of the sole reasons I made Swp.exe and same with Duke3dw.exe
Try them out
I have swp.exe.
But, i think the hud is still a little to big

I have never seen duke3dw.exe
I will get this one now. Cool.
Old 11-18-2005, 12:51 AM   #311
SamSwashbuckler
Look at the in-game options in swp...
Old 01-01-2006, 08:38 AM   #312
tpz

I just noticed that if you save a game while holding the railgun and load that savegame any other time you don't hear the idle sound of the railgun. If I remember correctly this bug also occurred in the original SW, but I'm not sure. Same story applies to vehicles.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:39 PM   #313
Phayzon

Re: JFShadowWarrior is available (updated 20051009)
Man, October 9th was a long time ago... (Swp has met some needs). Hell SW doesnt even have precache! Both Duke and SW need a new port release.
Old 04-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #314
Xerxes
Code 00439152, when you save when swinging your sword...
Old 04-22-2006, 09:06 PM   #315
Phayzon

I can fix that. Dont save when you swing your sword.
Old 05-31-2006, 11:39 PM   #316
john2gr
How can you enable the free mouse look??I couldn't find any solution to this matter
Old 06-01-2006, 12:14 PM   #317
TerminX

It's kind of glitchy, IIRC, but press 'U' in the game.
Old 06-08-2006, 02:18 AM   #318
Reaper

I can't get the music to work, polymost doesn't show the menu but just flickers on startup, (in fullscreen only) and ~%100 of the time one of those female enemies throw a stickybomb at me, the game crashes when it explodes. My stickybombs never seem to cause a crash.

Also, I've had a problem with floating fortress where if I die and reload the level, then escape to the menu quickly thereafter, the enemies on the ledge will play animations and kill me while I'm in the menu.

P.S. Sorry if this has been covered, but I haven't found practically anyone's problems listed in my release notes.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:01 PM   #319
Phayzon

Ive heard of the stickybomb one, but not in Single Player mode. About the polympst, could be video card related, what card do you have? As for the music, you do have the CD in right?
Old 06-10-2006, 08:49 AM   #320
WarHammer

The stickybomb crash has to do with the player getting gibbed. My game crashes most of the time if I get blown up, blow myself up , or somehow get crushed.