Notices

Old 07-08-2009, 07:41 AM   #1041
peoplessi

Re: Take Two Sues 3D Realms
ICR, your analogy amused me, being lawyer suits you
Old 07-08-2009, 09:39 AM   #1042
Inanimate Carbon Rod

Kristin there need not be an explict clause in the contract when the party in question is insolvent like 3DR (me being crippled in my example).

I read the article you linked to. The article by Scott applies to studios who develop the game. 3DR was not developing Duke Begins, nor were they funding development. Given that, 3DR likely could only exert enough control over Duke Begins to make sure the game didn't hurt the Duke IP. 3dr claims that thier role included, though not explictly in the contract, a control over changes in schedule. Given who is funding the game, I find that doubtful. Though, it would be nice if 3dr published the contract regarding duke begins.
Take 2 doesn't mention duke begins in thier complaint. All we get is the spin by 3dr's lawyer.

____

No game takes this long develop. I'm actually interested to hear why nearly everyone working at 3dr quit in 2007.

I am typing at a computer without spell check, sorry for the typo's.
Old 07-09-2009, 05:35 PM   #1043
bazboyz

Duke wont need to pay for a lawyer. He'll ask them nicely to do it probono and win ,with his gun pressed up to their head. If they lose they forfit their lives with everyone else in the courtroom who not on his side. He'll claim it was a self defence :P
Old 07-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #1044
prophecy holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inanimate Carbon Rod View Post
No game takes this long develop. I'm actually interested to hear why nearly everyone working at 3dr quit in 2007.
Well it's pretty obvious, they saw the drifty waters ahead and wanted out before they get sucked in. Mass amount of people don't quit thier job for no reason, unless they were trying to pull a prank on George.....However I doubt that.
"Ever since I was a little boy, dressing up has always been...my greatest joy. But when It's time to be discreet, there is one thing you just can't beat and that's a strapless backless classical little black dress"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3e4BCOrLmJ0
Last edited by prophecy holder; 07-10-2009 at 11:04 AM.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:04 AM   #1045
Rösti

Take-Two stock plummets on
delays announcement

Shares in US publisher Take-Two plummeted in after hours trading
yesterday following the announcement that several of its key forthcoming
releases - including BioShock 2 and Mafia II - would be delayed.

Following a steady day in which the company's stock had climbed by around 1.6 per cent, the announcement
- made after trading had ended - then saw after hours transactions push Take-Two's value down by 13.1
per cent.

Max Payne 3 and Red Dead Redemption were also cited as titles that will now be published in the company's
fiscal 2010 period, meaning from April next year onwards.

At the time of writing the shares were worth USD 7.80 each, down from USD 8.98 at yesterday's close,
valuing the company at around USD 720 million.

Source

While I shouldn't find any malice in this, I can't but help to feel the irony in Take-Two's stock falling by announcement of delays.
But perhaps this will bring some positive things to the DNF case. If the shareholders are getting pissed,
the whole bully attitude towards Duke Nukem Forever may show itself to be even more of a nutcracker and may even further
worsen the currect scenario. Perhaps a fair deal is not so far away after all.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:21 AM   #1046
FlashBack

Delay mafia, Delay Bioshock2 delay Max Payne 3 and Delay Read Dead redemption cuz baby, Duke Nukem is in town. When Duke Nukem forever is going to get released they will have to delay the whole industry cuz nobody will care about any other game besides duke!
Old 07-14-2009, 05:31 AM   #1047
JobivanHiob

^I wish...but I don't think so.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:57 AM   #1048
Monkey Butler

Wonder how the share price will look when those titles are actually released though.

This is no different to Apple stock dipping whenever the company announces that Steve Jobs has a cold. It'll adjust quickly.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:32 AM   #1049
JobivanHiob

Today is was thinking about the whole situation. Its obvious that there is progress being made on DNF, due to Scott teasing us with DNF pics!
Its a fact that there is no dev team at 3DR anymore, so Scott needed to find another way to keep DNF alive.
There was this talk about Duke Begins being made by a well known dev studio which Take 2 was overseeing.What if this studio which halted the dev of Duke Begins ins April, now is finishing DNF!
The dev on Duke Begins stared around November 2007 and should be released in Mid 2010. 2,5 years...I suppose its a big team of a minimum of 50 peolple if not even 100!
In early July Scott signed a key contract. This could be very well the contract to let the Duke Begins team complete DNF.
They have been into Duke for quite some time. If DNF has been finished they could continue to work on Duke Begins!
And my wildest theory (as the other guy mentioned) is that DNF will be finished until end of this year! Maybe Take 2 delayed their other big games to fiscal 2010 due to Duke.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:57 AM   #1050
JobivanHiob

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59522

Gearbox was/is responsible for Duke Begins.

What I don't understand is: these new documents are implying that 3DR and Take 2 are still fighting the legal battle....but why is Scott posting DNF screens then? He will get sued even more for this.

I'm starting to get a head-ache from all this.
Old 07-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #1051
Orochi Avlis

He is posting new pics because he knows he is in the legal right to do so, despite any claims from T2.
Old 07-14-2009, 01:28 PM   #1052
SpinX

another shitstorm for duke...

I don't see duke nukem forever or 3Drealms come out alive from this one...

keep fighting 3Drealms! kill their stocks! take 2 stfu!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ftbfelix
Old 07-14-2009, 01:51 PM   #1053
Neo

all take 2 fault
Old 07-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #1054
fast-1

Take 2 is a crazy company.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:11 PM   #1055
Monkey Butler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi Avlis View Post
He is posting new pics because he knows he is in the legal right to do so, despite any claims from T2.
Except it lends further weight to T2's claim that 3DR are devaluing T2's property be revealing the IP without any reasonable expectation of being able to finish it.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #1056
Babe

All Take 2's fault. George is Saint George from now on LMAO
Old 07-14-2009, 08:02 PM   #1057
LeonZyCoene
With all this utter lack of information, I sometimes wonder if Duke Nukem Forever is actually finished, and if this is all after the fact.
Old 07-14-2009, 10:39 PM   #1058
bazboyz

T2 to have also put in their countrer suit that they wanted dnf to be mulitiplayer ....
I think T2 should read the FAQ
It Taken 12 years to get this far then they throw the spanner in the works....
Im not supprised 3D REALMS wanted more money from them if they wanted co-op.
P.S
DNF is not owned by Take 2 they hold publishing rights not the I.P
T2 are acting like they own 3D REAMS
Scott OWNS Duke Nukem so he can create a facebook profile for him maybe he start twittering as well
Last edited by bazboyz; 07-14-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:23 AM   #1059
imachavel

Lmao
this is all bs

take two is obviously a bullying a&*^hole to do this to a company when it is going bankrupt and not years before, they're obviously a big conglomerate company that banks off video games the way bush banked off oil and couldn't give a S&*^% less. They know if they wanted to see a game soon enough they needed to provide proper funding

on the other hand 3d realms and george broussard have the brains of chimpanzees docile enough to stop throwing crap at each other for 2 minutes to sit at a computer and act like human beings of the homosapien form. Why they thought that this game should take 13 years to develop is beyond me. I mean i know they're using the newest most bad ass engine there is to produce this game but the fact is they could be making duke nukem 5 by now instead of doing this. Now i know creativity isn't just recyclable on command and george had a vision and wanted this thing to really work but I mean geez what did they expect, they should have thought about that before they made a contract and whatnot with take two. They wouldn't have had much problem releasing this game 5 years from when they first said they were working on it but 13 years later cmon?! 5 years later no one would've blinked twice about it. By now they would've released duke nukem 5 and 4 would've BEEN out as Forever and a few years from now they could release the next one.

Anyway, 1997, 2002 2007 yeah we would've been on duke nukem 6 by now or something. Aside from all that though i heard that some guy played the first twelve levels of Duke Nukem forever and they were COMPLETE so I mean how far away could this game be from being done? The fact is George Broussard got REALLY lazy about it, couldn't figure out how to make a game the way he wanted it and took his risks to take his sweet time to make it completely perfect, which is what anyone would have wanted. Fact is, for that 13 years is a little too long an amount of time for this.

I think this whole thing is tragic none the less the fact is the game is what 80-90 percent complete in reality, 50-60 percent complete reported to the public, and for all who knows off the record it could be HOURS away from being completed and just needs to go into the really long beta testing phase before being released. My bet is on Duke, I hope he comes out of all this guns blazing, SOON

AND, even though george broussard is a moron, I think he is a creative genius and I'd love to see him go to some company where they give him plenty of due dates and he can release his creative ability all over the place and come up with some more really cool shit. Also someone who I think is really brilliant is yves bresson who worked on a few shadow warrior games, even though he doesn't work for 3d realms, he has that 'reality is our game' feel to his games and I think he could come up with some really bad ass game in the future.

to wrap it all up I'm going to have to take 3d realms side on this, although 13 years is a back blistering amount of time to create 20 billion game by now, they had a deal with take two which was:

we take as much time as we want, you get the game when you get the game unless you want to fund the game in which we'll come up with an agreement and go from there. Since they didn't, it's only a 'bully tactic' to try and sue the company at the last minute. I hope 3d realms can pick up the pieces and find a way to make sure this crap doesn't happen for a long time.

pz
Old 07-15-2009, 02:28 AM   #1060
DerricktheW

You "heard" that "some guy" played the first 12 levels?

...was this "some guy" the "janitor" at 3DRealms?
Old 07-15-2009, 02:35 AM   #1061
imachavel

no I didn't save the article, there was an article online posted by someone who played 12 levels of duke nukem forever, said he didn't know if he'd played more than half the game or less than half the game since it wasn't finished yet but he played 12 COMPLETED levels and even had a picture posted of a guy in the Hoover Dam level who turns out to be a boss

so no 'some guy' wasn't 'the janitor' 'whoever you are' man

if you ever play the game and find out that a guy pointing towards tours in the hoover dam level turns out to be the boss then you'll know i'm not lying

anyway whatever look around a bit maybe you'll 'find it' or something with 'the janitor'
Old 07-15-2009, 04:33 AM   #1062
Duke's New Chainsaw

Smells like enforcershit to me.
Old 07-15-2009, 04:40 AM   #1063
imachavel

enforcer shit?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:13 AM   #1064
WoodenSword

Quote:
Originally Posted by imachavel View Post
no I didn't save the article, there was an article online posted by someone who played 12 levels of duke nukem forever, said he didn't know if he'd played more than half the game or less than half the game since it wasn't finished yet but he played 12 COMPLETED levels and even had a picture posted of a guy in the Hoover Dam level who turns out to be a boss

if you ever play the game and find out that a guy pointing towards tours in the hoover dam level turns out to be the boss then you'll know i'm not lying

anyway whatever look around a bit maybe you'll 'find it' or something with 'the janitor'
I think you mean the brother of an ex-developer. He had posted that at shacknews under the story of DNF when the dev team was laid off
Old 07-15-2009, 01:14 PM   #1065
bazboyz

Take two lie
http://ir.take2games.com/secfiling.c...04659-08-25671
It clearly states that principle offices in new york
I pass judgement in favor of 3D REALMS
Old 07-15-2009, 01:29 PM   #1066
wieder
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazboyz View Post
Take two lie
http://ir.take2games.com/secfiling.c...04659-08-25671
It clearly states that principle offices in new york
I pass judgement in favor of 3D REALMS
Take Two is not the same as 2K Games.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:55 PM   #1067
bazboyz

Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a leading worldwide publisher, developer and distributor of interactive entertainment software, hardware and accessories.

Take-Two's product offerings include titles for the leading hardware platforms - PLAYSTATION®3 and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii™, Nintendo DS™ and for the PC. The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, which publishes its titles under 2K Games, 2K Sports and 2K Play. Take-Two also distributes software, hardware and accessories in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary.

The Company's proprietary brand franchises include Grand Theft Auto, Sid Meier's Civilization®, Max Payne, Midnight Club, Manhunt, Red Dead Revolver, BioShock®, Sid Meier's Railroads!®, Sid Meier's Pirates!™, and Top Spin. Licensed brands include the sports games Major League Baseball® 2K, NBA® 2K, and NHL® 2K.

Take-Two is headquartered in New York City, with its international headquarters based in Windsor (England). The Company has development studios in Edinburgh, San Diego, Vancouver, Toronto, Leeds (England), London, Novato (California), Quincy (Massachusetts), Hunt Valley (Maryland), Canberra (Australia), Camarillo (California), Bellevue (Washington), and Shanghai; product testing studios in Lincoln (England), Northridge (California), and New York; sales and marketing offices in New York, Geneva, London, Paris, Munich, Madrid, Milan, Sydney, Breda (Netherlands), and Albany (New Zealand); and a distribution facility in Mississauga (Canada).

Take-Two's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:40 PM   #1068
wieder
/sigh

http://www.secinfo.com/d12atd.vEx.9.htm

Gathering of Developers was owned by Take 2 as well, but you wouldn't have said their principle place of business was Take 2's address.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:05 PM   #1069
Micki!

Quote:

You're not refering to this are you ..?

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/review...04/forever.ars

If you are, then --
Spoiler:
Old 07-15-2009, 03:17 PM   #1070
imachavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodenSword View Post
I think you mean the brother of an ex-developer. He had posted that at shacknews under the story of DNF when the dev team was laid off

no not perhaps, that's it exactly

he said twelve maps is what he played, that means twelve levels of the game are finished, so how much further away from completion could they be? oh well, good luck 3d realms, you made it this far, why back out now
Last edited by imachavel; 07-15-2009 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #1071
Duke's New Chainsaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micki! View Post
You're not refering to this are you ..?

If you are, then --
Spoiler:
Hahahaha!
Old 07-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #1072
ZuljinRaynor

Enforcershit, Chainsaw!
Old 07-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #1073
bazboyz

As DNF is listed on Take Two website They have responceabily for it imo .
They could change their minds over who name goes on the box (apart from 3D REALMS) untill duke goes gold.
As T2 head office is N.Y. and the person they were dealing with was there make sence to address things to that person
Old 07-15-2009, 04:18 PM   #1074
Micki!

Quote:
no not perhaps, that's it exactly

he said twelve maps is what he played, that means twelve levels of the game are finished, so how much further away from completion could they be? oh well, good luck 3d realms, you made it this far, why back out now
Really, check that link i posted... It has got to be the one you're refering to... You've still got time to back out...
Old 07-15-2009, 05:04 PM   #1075
Superczar

Quote:
Random BS by imachavel:

who worked on a FEW shadow warrior games
Say wha?
Old 07-15-2009, 05:33 PM   #1076
someguy2435

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerricktheW View Post
You "heard" that "some guy" played the first 12 levels?

...was this "some guy" the "janitor" at 3DRealms?
Yeah, it was pretty awesome. I'm not the janitor there, though.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #1077
imachavel

first of all, posting random bs? no, i said and i believe i said this in a completely different topic that yves bresson worked on 2 shadow warrior add ons that are called the park and when i was young, in my opinion besides a few levels from wanton destruction and these 2 games by yves bresson i think that duke nukem 3d is the only game from 3d realms that I think really adds up to a kick ass game

second, I DID click on that link, and i said that that was the exact link, there's even a part where he talks about how the tour guide at the hoover dam is a boss and has an alien hiding inside him

anyway yeah that link is awesome it proves that that guy has played twelve levels of the game and that the game is almost complete, I just said that in my last post, why did you think I hadn't clicked the link? Thanks for posting that

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguy2435 View Post
Yeah, it was pretty awesome. I'm not the janitor there, though.

thought you were
Old 07-15-2009, 05:56 PM   #1078
wieder
The link is an April Fools joke imachavel. You were duped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazboyz View Post
As DNF is listed on Take Two website They have responceabily for it imo .
They could change their minds over who name goes on the box (apart from 3D REALMS) untill duke goes gold.
As T2 head office is N.Y. and the person they were dealing with was there make sence to address things to that person
Do you even know why Take 2 included that denial in their most recent counterclaim?
Old 07-15-2009, 06:20 PM   #1079
SS202

Random BS is what I've been reading too, just too polite to say anything until now.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:54 PM   #1080
imachavel

maybe you're random bs bro, why don't you go back to........................... wherever it is you come from and be a non random bs type of guy, which i'm sure you're not, unlike all the people who spend their lives pointing out how guys on the internet are full of random bs, which i'm sure you're the type of guy that should be pointing that out

anyway hard to believe that's an april fools joke, it's 4 pages, but anyway could've fooled me

anyway if that guy at hoover dam turns out to be a boss than it's not an april fools joke, if he isn't, then i guess april fools! on me

---------- Post added at 07:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by wieder View Post
The link is an April Fools joke imachavel. You were duped.

Do you even know why Take 2 included that denial in their most recent counterclaim?
i haven't been reading the lawsuits in complete detail like a lawyer, ive been keeping up with it on google news, last i heard was about that duke begins case or whatever

other than that no, I had no idea that this was a big joke, the article was 4 pages

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

THIS is an April fools joke? could've fooled me