Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Modifications
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 03-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #1
Cancun
Stuck on 'The Gate'
Hi,

there's two levels on the "The Gate" mod that I'm stuck on: I can't seem to find the first card key on 'Tanheuser Gate' of "Red Planet Blues', and on 'Into the City' of "Takn em down', I cant seem to find my way past the stage where there is this force field shielded pyramid.

Are there any walkthroughs or could anybody give me a hint?

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-14-2008, 02:43 AM   #2
atomic

Re: Stuck on 'The Gate'
The Blue Card on Tanheuser Gate:
-first you have to get the "Exterior Airlock" gate (as you start the level, first gate on the right) open. Then go thru the room full of crates and take the "transport".
-in the first room after the "transporting": enter the small blue and white "structure", use button; climb on the blue and white "structure"- look around, there is the Blue Key on a platform; jump to it.
Old 03-14-2008, 04:08 AM   #3
atomic

Into the City:
- get in front of the pyramid: there are 2 large rooms- on the left and right; go to either one and search until you see a big white square on the big, round structure- use it (it's a door). You'll come to a room with 2 alcoves protected by laser bars; In order to get inside the alcoves, you must jump while pushing against each of the bars; one of the will prove illusionary and let you pass through. -- first go into the alcove with the switch this way, use it; the in the "door" alcove- the door should now be open- use the switch.
- repeat that for the room on the other side of the pyramid. (Note: the illusionary bars may not be the same as those on the other side).
- go to the top of the pyramid and use the central pillar.
Old 09-10-2008, 06:37 AM   #4
Deuxsonic

The Gate must have been very haphazardly developed, because with vanilla Duke, I was able to beat this TC way back when. Using eDuke32, it requires noclip on E1M6 (Subarctica) because it's impossible to surface in the first underwater opening. On E4L6 (Overlords) the game won't count brains being destroyed at times, requiring you to reload your game. Also, a sprite-based elevator in one of the areas doesn't work properly, once again requiring you jetpack around it, or use noclip. The TC seems full of level geometry that kills you if you touch it this time around (probable that it was like this originally, and I'm just now noticing it.) One of the stranger bugs is at the very end of E2L5 (Welcome Mat) where a sector near the Overlord is actually tagged for exiting the map, allowing you exit without killing the Overlord. It then picks up with regular Duke maps that fill the rest of the episode.

Perhaps someone could update this TC to get it to work with eDuke32 (as well as fixing the zillions of bugs in it?)
Old 09-11-2008, 10:08 AM   #5
Mateos

Official website don't exist. No co-op support, textures bugs, it need update !
Old 09-12-2008, 08:54 AM   #6
Mikko Sandt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mateos View Post
Official website don't exist. No co-op support, textures bugs, it need update !
It was made like more than ten years ago so good luck with that!
The West is not simply better than non-Western cultures, it is vastly, fundamentally better. Hellenic culture is the only truly human civilization, the only one for which human reason, not animal stultification, is the ideal. –Greg Swann
http://m-sandt.blogspot.com
Old 09-13-2008, 08:25 AM   #7
Deuxsonic

The various map bugs I might be able to fix myself, as most of them are really simple. The con problems I would probably be unable to fix, as I lack experience with con hacking (unless the problem is something really stupid that could be fixed in a few lines.)
Old 09-14-2008, 12:50 AM   #8
Mateos

Personaly, I made OGGs of original MIDs, and create a zip to read them.

If I have time, I'll set textures and 3D models, but I have to study before.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:11 PM   #9
jedrol8
Who have MIDI's from Duke nukem The Gate ?
Old 06-24-2010, 06:52 AM   #10
LAW

Quote:
Perhaps someone could update this TC to get it to work with eDuke32
Why? "Somebody" should fix bugs in the eduke32. If something works with Duke, it should work with its source port. I don't remember any changes made to Doom or Quake mods in order to make them playable under Zdoom or GLquake. The direction was different: the further development of these ports made the mods playable.
Old 06-24-2010, 07:45 AM   #11
The Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAW View Post
Why? "Somebody" should fix bugs in the eduke32.
Somebody should learn to get over them self.
This mod works perfectly fine with the current version of EDuke32.

Duke Nukem Red Alert SVN

Ask Me Anything!
Old 06-24-2010, 02:58 PM   #12
TerminX

Quote:
Why? "Somebody" should fix bugs in the eduke32. If something works with Duke, it should work with its source port. I don't remember any changes made to Doom or Quake mods in order to make them playable under Zdoom or GLquake. The direction was different: the further development of these ports made the mods playable.
Oh LAW, you adorable little clueless freak.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #13
Player Lin
Quote:
...the further development of these ports made the mods playable.
This only works when mods/maps didn't using stupid tricks/hacks/game engine bugs to make itself playable.

But if it originally do that to work with original version, that's other story. :X

I was remember '08 of eduke32 have problem with The Gate mod, but after I replay it with late '09 of eduke32, it works fine without problem.
(Sorry, I can't remember what version...)

I think someone needed to update his data about anti-eduke32 ******** or not just "attack it with old bugged shit".

(I'm not try pissed someone off, but... sorry, I don't know, I just can't resist when I saw someone's anti-eduke32 ******** posts, I don't care is he/she a skilled mapper/modder... that's just a attitude problem in my POV. )
Sadly, it died temporary due to I used my all of times on RealLife(TM) and playing Games! XD
*Player Lin escaped from the hell of making website.*
Last edited by Player Lin; 07-01-2010 at 12:53 PM.