Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Max Payne
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 07-17-2003, 01:17 PM   #81
Jokke_r

Re: How do you feel about Sam Lake not being Max?
Quote:
Originally posted by zakath:
we want sami järvi !
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nooo...

correction.

You wan't

we don't really care you see.
Old 07-17-2003, 03:15 PM   #82
Kevin's girl

Here is my final thought on this whole issue (LOL):
Sam Lake will not be in the new game. But does that mean he's gone forever? No. Just because hes not in this game does not mean you will never see him again. More than likely he will be around promoting this game. He might be at next years E3. When the game comes out he'll be in magazines and be on tv talking about it.

Will Sam be in Max Payne 3? Most likely not since they replaced him in the second. They have a paid actor to be him now. Will there even be a MP3? Who knows? Not even Remedy yet. Lets let the second game come out before we start talking about the third.

Will Sam be missed? God yes!! Max Payne (in my opinion) will never be the same without him. Will this new game go to hell without him? Probably not. Sam still wrote the storyline. Max will have the same voice. And the game is produced by the same people who produced the last game. The only thing different is Max's face.

Will the change be hard to get used to? Yes for some people. Will everybody get used to the new Max? By all means no. And thats okay.

So if you don't like the new Max is it okay to sit here and whine about it? No. But it is okay to voice your opinion and get your feelings off your chest. We are all entitled to our opinions.

Will sitting here complaining about it change anything? No and if you think it will you got another thing coming my friend. The new game is expected to be out by fall of this year. So that means like 96% of the game is already completed. And to go back now and change the whole game just so the character will look like he used to is just plain insane.

Did Remedy hear what you thought about the new max? YES! And I'm pretty sure they took all your opinions to heart. But you gotta trust the people working on the game that they know what they are doing. They work SO hard to make their games as enjoyable as they can for the consumers. Have a little faith in them.
They had to change Max and for whatever reason it was probably a good one. Or else why would they have done it?

So if you don't like the new Max is it okay tonot buy it for that reason? Um, whos to say what is right and wrong. But in my opinion if you don't by the new game for that reason and that reason only I just have to say this: "Don't consider yourself a fan of Max Payne."

Will I buy the new game? You bet!! But like I said before I will miss Sam, cry a river (LOL), and complain secretly to one self. But the world moves on! I will probably fall in love (not litterally) with the new character like I did the old one.
Sam Lake as Max Payne is a thing of the past. Like somebody in this forum said before the first game will be cherished more because Sam will no longer be seen in the upcoming game(S).

Will there be a Max Payne movie? And will Sam be in it? Um...thats another story!

So hopefully I addressed every aspect of this issue. This does not apply to everybody as this is MY opinion. I just wish that everybody coming on this forum complaining about this whole thing will just realize that no matter what they say, how much they whine, nothing productive is gonna result from it.
I think right now we have to be supportive of Remedy, 3d realms, and everybody involved. Since the game is "expected" to be out very soon.

For everybody who is gonna buy the game and exceptthe change: Go you! And I think your in for a real treat as Remedy an (etc.) has worked very hard on it for you!
(I fall into this catagory)

For those of you who will buy the new game and never except the new Max: I hope that you come to terms and realize that everything happens for a reason.

For the people out there that refuse to buy the game because Sam is not in it:...I'm sorry...

Thats all I have to say. Sorry it was so long. I just felt that these things had to be said! Bye! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Is today Jimmy Shaker day?
Old 07-17-2003, 03:41 PM   #83
Kevin's girl

Thats all I have to say about that! - Forrest Gump
I hope you take the time to read what I wrote because it took me a long time to type it!

Is today Jimmy Shaker day?
Old 07-17-2003, 03:42 PM   #84
biXen
Let me just say this, there's absolutely NOOOO chance of Sam being in a Max Payne, because Remedy doesn't own the rights to the franchise, he isn't an actor and the studio would never even consider it. Easy peasy [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

On the rest I agree with Kevin's girl though, one is entitled to voice his/her opinion, but one can do it in a smarter way. Remedy is one of today's best developing houses, I never doubt any decision they make, and even if one is done for them by Rockstar I'm sure they can twist the best out of it.

What everyone has got to understand, so we can end this, is that eventhough we've all loved Sam as Max Payne, it's a franchise, and the owner of that franchise has made a decision that's best for the franchise, and that's to change the face to a pro. actor ASAP. It would suck more if they did it for Max Payne 3, which I assume (my opinion) Remedy won't make. I'm sure this new face is gonna own, and you'll all forget this once MP2 is out [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-17-2003, 08:05 PM   #85
Spazer
yeah now that we know sam will never be max in 2 or any future max's we should all just never mention it again

but what is this i hear that remedy doesnt own max anymore..will they not be making future max's?
Old 07-18-2003, 12:10 AM   #86
biXen
Take 2 owns the rights to Max Payne (they required it for a shitload of money, last year or so), and I think that Remedy would want to start a new series, make a new game or so, unless Take 2 gives them an offer they can't refuse.
Old 07-18-2003, 02:57 AM   #87
Fortune Hunter
I really like the first max payne and the news of the second brought me to this forum. Its cool that we actualy have remedy guys here to filter out some of the things and it has become aparant that sam lake wont be the next max payne.

I liked sam jarvi but the new face still has a dark look to it and to me looks good. so im either way but I kinda like em both

Old 07-18-2003, 03:22 AM   #88
Hudson

Quote:
Originally posted by biXen:
Hudson: your comparison is whack. First off, Connery looks a LOT better than Pierce Brosnan, he's a great actor (one of our time's best), and he's funnier without making it look put on. Brosnan is a b-actor who's only played in crap except Bond, doesn't look that good, and bla bla. It's like gold and stone comparison

+
These are ACTORS. The Max Payne face is a face, nothing else. The new guy looks good, he looks rugged, his acting skills doesn't matter, it's not like any movie actor at all.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I really think you read too far into my little comparison.. But I can tell we share the same taste in Bond flicks. Nevertheless I wasn't talking about Acting, nor was I referring to MP2 as a movie. I was talking about the way Max looks.
[INSERT SYSTEM SPECS THAT NO ONE CARES ABOUT HERE]