Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > The Well of Wishes
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

This is the blog for Joe Siegler, the Apogee / 3D Realms website administrator.

That is all.
Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.

Grand Theft Auto IV

Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to Digg Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to del.icio.us Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to StumbleUpon Submit "Grand Theft Auto IV" to Google
Posted 04-29-2008 at 01:25 PM by Joe Siegler

Well, I got it today along with most everyone else. Last night at 12:30AM there were about a dozen 3DR staffers playing the game - quite funny to see all of Page 1 of my friends list all be the same game.

Probably be more tonight, as the non midnight crowd (myself included) get the game and play it.

Of course now I want to go home and play it - I have to sit here at 3DR and play the stuff my company is working on. Oh darn.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 20171 Comments 8
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 8

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I was going to say, now that you hardly ever post anymore it seems, what the hell do you do all day at work now? ;)
  2. Old Comment
    I can't always talk about what I do at work.

Played GTA 4 for a couple of hours last night. Not enough to get into the real meat of the game (Heck, I don't even have a gun yet), but I did have fun with the early on stuff.

I will say this - when I was on the first date, we went bowling. Which was cute, but as I was actually BOWLING in the game, I thought - hey, wait a minute. In what is arguably the biggest game launch since.. well, ever... I'm BOWLING. I have several other bowling games already, so it felt quite weird to be doing it here.

I did enjoy it - it's stuff like that which I can point to and tell my wife "See, it's not all running over hookers and killing guys!"
  3. Old Comment
    Damn them, they force you playing 3DR games. Thats insolent! :mad:

Sweet Irony
    :D

If you prefer GTA IV over DNF I'm realy afraid of the quality of your companys game.....just kidding ;)

If you want to play GTA IV instead of some secret 3DR game I guess we can find enough people doing your job. :D
  4. Old Comment
    [QUOTE]Of course now I want to go home and play it - I have to sit here at 3DR and play the stuff my company is working on. Oh darn. :)[/QUOTE]

*Twitch*
  5. Old Comment
    Wait a second, GTA is not about just killing random pedestrians and having sex hookers in stolen cars? Who would have known?

You can go bowling on it? Is it comparable to Wii Bowling though?
  6. Old Comment
    I think Joe should cash in his PC developer karma and contact Rockstar North directly to get the scoop on the PC version, at least if there will be one or not. :)
  7. Old Comment
    How are you still finding the game? I've already finished the damn thing although now I wish I had not :o
  8. Old Comment
    Man, I love GTA IV. Beat it and am still playing it just messing around. :)