Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-28-2008, 12:56 AM   #81
XTHX2

Re: Duke Nukem 3D Walkthrough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
In my opinion, it's the only way they should be done. One of these days I should do one for Rise of the Triad.
IIRC, there weren't any real secrets in it at all, but secret levels, which I've never tried to find

Apart from that, really nice walkthrough, I read from the beginning to end and it's very nice.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:16 AM   #82
The Count

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
In my opinion, it's the only way they should be done. One of these days I should do one for Rise of the Triad.
Totally agreed. And ROTT would be awesome, too.

Do you know this site ?

http://www.visualwalkthroughs.com/
Old 09-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #83
Famous
I did a complete set of demos back in the day. Every episode, including all secrets, and I even killed the boss of the first episode without using rockets...
Old 09-30-2008, 09:44 PM   #84
hightreason

You know... I don't want this to come accross the wrong way, and very nice work joe, but (It may go un-noticed anyway) the screenshot of the queen giving birth has the queen's sprite going through the platform, minor error.
Also, i see on the "STATS" the text says alien moggots, which of course isn't an error, but does it mean that the XBLA version is censored like the N64 version?
Ever get the feeling you are being ignored?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:22 AM   #85
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightreason View Post
You know... I don't want this to come accross the wrong way, and very nice work joe, but (It may go un-noticed anyway) the screenshot of the queen giving birth has the queen's sprite going through the platform, minor error.
Taking shots in certain places was stupid difficult, I had to fight the queen and take the screenshots from my computer. You try it and get the boss to line up perfectly for a shot.

Quote:
Also, i see on the "STATS" the text says alien moggots, which of course isn't an error, but does it mean that the XBLA version is censored like the N64 version?
It is NOT CENSORED. Period.

Count, I thought about ROTT, but that would require much research. I don't know the ins and outs of that. I was able to pull this off relatively quickly, because I had just spent the previous five months doing nothing BUT play Duke3D. If I had to do this for ROTT starting cold, it would take WAY longer. To make matters worse, there are a ton of more levels in ROTT than there were in Duke.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 10-01-2008, 06:09 PM   #86
Maruno

Just a little something I noticed. For the first secret of Hollywood Holocaust, you direct the player to jump to the ledge underneath the "Guilty?" sign, and right next to it is a screenshot of said ledge with the sign reading "Innocent?". It doesn't seem right, somehow.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:35 AM   #87
pjohnsonjr

Typo in the Overlord level walkthrough on Secret #3 (A Wall of Pimebombs).
Old 10-08-2008, 11:28 AM   #88
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maruno View Post
Just a little something I noticed. For the first secret of Hollywood Holocaust, you direct the player to jump to the ledge underneath the "Guilty?" sign, and right next to it is a screenshot of said ledge with the sign reading "Innocent?". It doesn't seem right, somehow.

Edit: I made a pass through the walkthrough myself as well as reading the messages here. I've corrected all the known problems. If you still see a problem with the walkthrough, please let me know.

Thanks.

Last edited by Joe Siegler; 10-08-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Rest of msg past d'oh smiley
Old 10-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #89
Hooty
Your walkthrough is awesome! Now, in Lunar Apocalypse, tell me how to end level 4. I can't get to that door fast enough before it closes to end level 4.
Old 10-31-2008, 09:57 AM   #90
Thedutchjelle
Not sure if someone pointed this out yet, but in Lunar Reactor Walkthrough you make this remark
" The one on the left turns the lights on (which would have been more helpful BEFORE the combat),"

The two rooms overlooking the reactor hall have the lightswitch in them.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:51 AM   #91
gezvader28
hi guys , first post .

well 've been looking for a walkthrough for this game for years , so well done !

but - I'm playing it on the regular Playstation , and the 4th episode is different to the one you describe ... ?

anyway - will the rest of the walkthrough match ?

and - what am i supposed to do in Plug and Pray : Faces of Death once I've killed the big guy in the upper chamber , the game says something like 54% complete , but I can't find any way out .
Old 11-05-2008, 02:19 PM   #92
gila

Quote:
but - I'm playing it on the regular Playstation , and the 4th episode is different to the one you describe ... ?
PSX version has a different 4th episode that was exclusive to that version. "The Birth" episode is from the add-on for the PC version Atomic Edition/Plutonium Pack. so no, it won't help you on the PSX version; until someone makes a PSX walkthrough i guess
Old 11-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #93
The Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by gezvader28 View Post
hi guys , first post .
anyway - will the rest of the walkthrough match ?
For plug and play it won't, but for the other three it will work.

Duke Nukem Red Alert SVN

Ask Me Anything!
Old 11-06-2008, 12:24 PM   #94
gezvader28
btw - on the PS version there are secret places in the Faces of Death level - there are 2 lava waterfalls , use a jetpack to rise up above them and there they are .
Old 02-22-2009, 04:37 PM   #95
JonathanCasey

I'm absolutely loving the walk through, its actually the reason I finally went ahead and bought Duke3D for my 360. Having played it on PC so many times since the late 90's, but never managing to correctly find my way round all the levels from being to rubbish and always resorting to using cheats - I've really been enjoying reliving the experience properly whilst doing some enjoyable sight seeing along the way all thanks to your awesome walk through

I do have a question though...

On level 1, there is (what I think to be) a secret area really high up above the ramp that leads to the end of the level. Its guarded by 2 gun turrets and has another Jet Pack and some chain gun ammo.

Why is this not mentioned in the walk through and isn't classed as a secret area? Did you guys forget about that when you made the game or is it an anomaly or just not 'secret' enough to be a secret or worth mentioning in the walk through?

Keep up the awesome work

Jon.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

*Fail* ...

I just read Joe's disclaimer:

"There are a few other areas (like the secret wall on top of the trashcan near the arcade in the lobby) that are not recognized by the game as secrets. This secrets area will only show the "true" secrets in the level."

Sorry for my stupid question

But I'm still intrigued... Is that area actually meant to be there? It just seems a little "oddly" placed... hehe
Old 02-23-2009, 01:39 AM   #96
Malgon

I used this in a couple of spots the other day when playing through The Birth. Pretty handy.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:23 PM   #97
sirlemonhead

Cheers, using this to go through the Birth (not a fan of that episode to be honest, hence the "cheating")
Old 07-08-2009, 12:23 AM   #98
Illdo

I've noticed that some images in the walkthrough are links. For example, e4m11_09.jpg can be clicked and links to itself. This doesn't seem purposeful. Is that an error?
Old 07-16-2009, 06:28 AM   #99
GivingEverything
A Rise Of The Triad walkthrough would be difficult. I remember some of the levels having a lot of time-delay secrets. Also, from the Abyss walkthrough:

Quote:
Secret #2: Through the Fire and Flames
Ha ha ha ha ha hee hee hee hee.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #100
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illdo View Post
I've noticed that some images in the walkthrough are links. For example, e4m11_09.jpg can be clicked and links to itself. This doesn't seem purposeful. Is that an error?
Mistake. I was in such a hurry to finish that I just missed the hyperlink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GivingEverything View Post
A Rise Of The Triad walkthrough would be difficult. I remember some of the levels having a lot of time-delay secrets. Also, from the Abyss walkthrough: Through the Fire and Flames

Ha ha ha ha ha hee hee hee hee.
Yeah, it was a Dragonforce reference.

Old 07-16-2009, 06:51 PM   #101
imachavel

why was my last post deleted?

i was trying to ask joe seigler a question if they were ever going to do some insane airport level for a duke nukem game where you have to go outside and go into a plane to get a keycard or stop some plane from crashing like as a die hard reference

sounds kind of cool right?

guess it's off topic by why not seems like a cool idea you could have the whole runway outside and a hude inside baggage claim and ticketing area and who knows some complex outside area on the runway going to different hangers or a radar tower to get keycards maybe even an inside baggae claim lol i just keep thinking die hard 2 references would be bad

i like how in duke 3d a lot of the next level would be based on the last level, who knows what level you would go to from the airport

you could have a teleporter or something somewhere that would take you to some other place sounds kind of nice right?
Old 07-17-2009, 07:41 AM   #102
Sang

As the little text below his nickname suggest, Joe is "Former 3DR Staff". Means that he doesn't work there anymore. Means that you should ask your questions to someone who does.
Old 07-17-2009, 09:32 AM   #103
imachavel

thanks for that

I was actually just wanting to know if thought it was cool, being a former 3dr staff member

i don't think this level would fit into a duke 3d build engine map

however maybe i could build this on an urban terror map if I could figure out how
Old 12-03-2009, 07:18 AM   #104
Jerre

Is there somewhere a PDF version of this walktrough, so I can feed it in one go to the printer here at work ??