Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem 3D Xbox LIVE
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 08-27-2008, 08:57 PM   #921
Superczar

Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
People complain about anything. If 3D Realms were giving away a million bucks, someone would complain
If 3dr gave me a 360 I wouldn't complain! *HINT*HINT*
Old 08-27-2008, 10:43 PM   #922
MegaMustaine

The rewind feature is a great idea because it is basically no different from saving every two seconds, it just eliminates the need to actually get out and save. It is not a feature that is perfect for every game, but it makes a lot of sense here.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #923
Sharpie

I just thought i might ask even though many of you will know the answer but are all XBLA arcade games released on the same time for every country?

It just worries me because Australia seems to get screwed over (like many countries in the world) when it comes to release dates. The main offender that comes to mind for me is Nintendo Australia, my god they are terrible.

Also George, Joe or any other 3DR staff did you guys have any trouble trying to get DN3D classified for Australia like you did back in the good old days?

So just to illiterate on what i said does anyone know if DN3D will be released at the same time for everyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFct6lg0Vmo <<<< Watch for a laugh
Last edited by Sharpie; 08-27-2008 at 11:46 PM.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:40 AM   #924
Retodon8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMustaine View Post
The rewind feature is [...] basically no different from saving every two seconds,
From a gameplay perspective, yes.
From a programming perspective, I thought this addition must've meant a lot of work.
Then I remembered the original DN3D's demos playing in the background if you're not, and figured 3DR likely upgraded the demo recording/playback feature.
If I'm right, I'm not saying it still wasn't a lot of work, just less.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:48 AM   #925
TheKins
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
I just thought i might ask even though many of you will know the answer but are all XBLA arcade games released on the same time for every country?

It just worries me because Australia seems to get screwed over (like many countries in the world) when it comes to release dates. The main offender that comes to mind for me is Nintendo Australia, my god they are terrible.

Also George, Joe or any other 3DR staff did you guys have any trouble trying to get DN3D classified for Australia like you did back in the good old days?
Only three XBLA games to my knowledge haven't came out here at the same time as in the US (Boom Boom Rocket, TMNT and that free Shmup). Also, DN3D's been available uncensored here for many many years - I think it was only the initial release that was censored.

I wouldn't be too worried.
Old 08-28-2008, 12:52 AM   #926
Sharpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKins View Post
Only three XBLA games to my knowledge haven't came out here at the same time as in the US (Boom Boom Rocket, TMNT and that free Shmup). Also, DN3D's been available uncensored here for many many years - I think it was only the initial release that was censored.

I wouldn't be too worried.
I know there wasn't any trouble after its initial release its just that you don't ever know what the OFLC will do .

And thanks for clearing the XBLA releases question for me too TheKins.

Old 08-28-2008, 03:54 AM   #927
Steve

Quote:

Short answer: No, America will get most XBLA games first or even exclusively. If Australia gets screwed so will New Zealand (me) in regards to Duke3d. There IS away around it, however.
Last edited by Steve; 08-28-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Old 08-28-2008, 06:44 AM   #928
BloodWolf806

Quote:
I know there wasn't any trouble after its initial release its just that you don't ever know what the OFLC will do .

And thanks for clearing the XBLA releases question for me too TheKins.
Wort case scenario, make an American Xbox Live Silver account, add points to it, download Duke 3D, then play it on your Austrialian account.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:58 AM   #929
Stevey Boy

Just a quick question is this definately coming out in the UK?
Old 08-28-2008, 10:53 AM   #930
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodWolf806 View Post
Wort case scenario, make an American Xbox Live Silver account, add points to it, download Duke 3D, then play it on your Austrialian account.
I thought MS clamped down on that kind of stuff, and you can't do that anymore? I remember seeing something where they closed down a ton of accounts who were using the wrong region based on where they were.

"Lifting up the Cross to the waiting lost" - Petra | John 3:16
Old 08-28-2008, 01:10 PM   #931
Blinxerizer

This is my first time posting on here, although I've always read the forums so I do know whats been going on.

I got a question about looking up and down, cause I noticed it in the gameplay vids. How exactly are you able to do it? Is it just up and down on the d-pad? I know there is auto aim.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #932
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
I thought MS clamped down on that kind of stuff, and you can't do that anymore? I remember seeing something where they closed down a ton of accounts who were using the wrong region based on where they were.
You can still do it. Microsoft, at this point, has only blocked video downloads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinxerizer View Post
I got a question about looking up and down, cause I noticed it in the gameplay vids. How exactly are you able to do it? Is it just up and down on the d-pad? I know there is auto aim.
I'd say look up and look down will be tied to the right analog stick like all FPS on 360.
Last edited by Steve; 08-28-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:51 PM   #933
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I'd say look up and look down will be tied to the right analog stick like all FPS on 360.
There are certain things all games have to respect if you're on the 360. Go into your profile and set "game defaults". Or just look there - a lot people didn't know it was there.

Old 08-29-2008, 01:52 PM   #934
Steve

Quote:
There are certain things all games have to respect if you're on the 360. Go into your profile and set "game defaults". Or just look there - a lot people didn't know it was there.
That I didn't know
Old 08-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #935
KaiserSoze

George, will we be getting a release date soon?
Old 08-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #936
George Broussard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinxerizer View Post
This is my first time posting on here, although I've always read the forums so I do know whats been going on.

Controls like any FPS on a console. The left stick moves you around, and the right stick looks around.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #937
George Broussard

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaMustaine View Post
The rewind feature is a great idea because it is basically no different from saving every two seconds, it just eliminates the need to actually get out and save. It is not a feature that is perfect for every game, but it makes a lot of sense here.
Primarily because it's an older game. You sort of just want to play and not have a lot of hassle. I played Doom a lot and I would always get into the game and forget to save, and die 15 minutes into a level and have to start at the beginning. That's just terrible.

So, I think we made this game as enjoyable and easy to play as humanly possible, for modern gamers.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:07 AM   #938
Dark Agent

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Broussard View Post
Primarily because it's an older game. You sort of just want to play and not have a lot of hassle. I played Doom a lot and I would always get into the game and forget to save, and die 15 minutes into a level and have to start at the beginning. That's just terrible.
That annoyed me to, especially when I got through a few levels before I died.
Old 08-30-2008, 03:25 AM   #939
qwerty

Ooo Re: Duke3D on Xbox LIVE Arcade!
what happens when you die in coop and how are the weapons picked up ??

that was really annoying in doom, the weapons could only be picked up by one player so if you are too slow you never get a new weapon because "fast player 1" already picked it up. and when you die all you have is the pistol. that sucked
Old 08-30-2008, 05:43 AM   #940
Sharpie

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
what happens when you die in co-op?
Now there is an extremely good question. What does happen when you die in co-op? How does the time line and rewinding back work when there is more than one person playing?

Old 08-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #941
Joe Siegler
3D Realms Staff

Quote:
Now there is an extremely good question. What does happen when you die in co-op? How does the time line and rewinding back work when there is more than one person playing?
That was answered already elsewhere. The rewind only works in single player. Resultant clips from co-op and dm play can have the rewind used, but "live rewind" is only for single player.

Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 PM   #942
Dukefan24

Otherwise you were able to bully other players by constantly rewinding after their great efforts..
Old 08-30-2008, 04:11 PM   #943
Edli

Quick question: Will the fourth episode come with the full version, or will it be tacked on as downloadable content?
Old 08-30-2008, 04:12 PM   #944
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edli View Post
Quick question: Will the fourth episode come with the full version, or will it be tacked on as downloadable content?
Full Version.
Old 08-30-2008, 07:00 PM   #945
Sharpie

Quote:
That was answered already elsewhere. The rewind only works in single player. Resultant clips from co-op and dm play can have the rewind used, but "live rewind" is only for single player.
Thanks for clearing that up for me Joe

Old 08-31-2008, 07:03 PM   #946
Lakers4life32
Quote:
what happens when you die in coop and how are the weapons picked up ??

that was really annoying in doom, the weapons could only be picked up by one player so if you are too slow you never get a new weapon because "fast player 1" already picked it up. and when you die all you have is the pistol. that sucked
Yeah What happens if someone picks up the jetpack at the end of episode 2 level 4 ( Fusion Station ) and dies after for example? There is no way getting back up to that big door unless you can pick up items more than once.
Last edited by Lakers4life32; 08-31-2008 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:25 AM   #947
Retodon8

Quote:
that was really annoying in doom, the weapons could only be picked up by one player so if you are too slow you never get a new weapon because "fast player 1" already picked it up.
To me that feels like the right way for it to work.
Dropped weapons act as extra ammo in most games, and if you're lucky and it's a weapon you don't have yet, yay, an extra weapon for you.
If every weapon dropped just lied there, even if on a timer, if dropped by another player... it would feel wrong to me.
I'm sure it would be exploitable as well.

I suspect this will be different for other items.
Maybe every player can pick up a jetpack (etc.) once per life.
I think that's the way it usually works.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:55 PM   #948
Crazy Cholo

Im new to the fourms but i just wanna say I love Duke and cant wait for this!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #949
Superczar

Awesome port! Bought it for on my bro's XBox, game seems very fluid and well-done, been so long since I played any of the other versions that I've even forgotten quite a few secrets so far! Love the replay "save" system, VERY handy... Well worth the 800 points...

Now if only I can get my bro off the box so I can play more...
Old 01-26-2009, 10:17 AM   #950
Tea Monster

I don't have an X-box 360, but I got to play over at freinds house the other day. Its great to see it back and in good form again.

Sadly didn't get a chance to multiplayer, but looking forward to it on another visit!

Thanks for bringing this out 3DR!
Old 01-27-2009, 08:25 AM   #951
marioman360

weird, the petition has 666 signatures....

Old 02-17-2009, 10:05 AM   #952
jayo
Personally, I'd like to see Duke 3D on Wii's Virtual Console!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:25 PM   #953
Java the Hutt

I really do not want to sound like a complainer, but not enough people are playing multiplayer right now, which makes it really hard to join the 200/200 club.

It does not help that I completely stink at DN3D multiplayer, so I only rack up a few kills per match when I can find people online.

100 kills is hard enough, but 500? It might take me a year to reach that.

I spend a few months completing the single player in my free time, so now I am ready to play online. If I knew that the scene would vanish, I would have played the multiplayer first to get those achievements, and then finished up the single player.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:13 AM   #954
GreenDevilJF
The single player is great, but the multiplayer is crap, another version of Duke 3D (Duke 64) managed both split screen and bots. That was made over 10 years ago, and yet this port released less than a year ago didn't manage to do either.

Hell even the PC original DOOM and Marathon games managed 4 player split screen, yet this port managed to suck enough ass that it didn't even have that.

Oh and the online that you screwed over the multi for, is the worst online system I have ever used. It lags to the point were it is unplayable most of the time, people are barely on it anyway and my friend who lives 2 streets down gets kicked from the game within minutes, with the bars in the green.

3DR I am going to have to say that this shoddy port was a rip off, and since you don't seem to give a damn about the game or console gamers in general, I think it would have been better if you let another company comprise this port.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:47 AM   #955
ZuljinRaynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDevilJF View Post
Hell even the PC original DOOM managed 4 player split screen.
Old 03-01-2009, 03:10 AM   #956
GreenDevilJF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuljinRaynor View Post

Yeah that wasn't worded right, I meant that the two other FPS games that went from PC to Xbox got the split screen treatment that this game skimped on.