Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Duke Nukem > Duke Nukem Forever
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 08-31-2010, 06:23 PM   #81
alexgk

Re: How long do you think DNF's campaign will be?
There's a sunset in every map
Old 08-31-2010, 07:09 PM   #82
thunderPIN

I usually find myself taking a while to complete levels on a first playthrough so I am one of those players who play at a slug speed haha. In this generation of games I like walking around and exploring the enviroments and looking at all the models and textures to see how beautiful they are. I love seeing what the development team put into the game.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:59 PM   #83
Oveneise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZuljinRaynor View Post
Still, you have to take like 2 hours to beat every map.
What? Is that bothering you? Damn... I guess I'm not fast enough to play games

Please don't troll, I makes our proud forum look... bad. I agree, I love looking at the scenery and details.
Last edited by Oveneise; 09-01-2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:04 PM   #84
ZuljinRaynor

Quote:
Originally Posted by prophecy holder View Post
Every gamer plays at a different pace, some like to zergling rush while others want to go at a snails pace.
There are some games, where going at a snails pace is ludicrous. How about if it took you 50 hours to beat Duke Nukem 1? Something's wrong with you!
Old 09-01-2010, 03:07 PM   #85
ferran275

Quote:
There are some games, where going at a snails pace is ludicrous. How about if it took you 50 hours to beat Duke Nukem 1? Something's wrong with you!
true, but the way I look at it, if I drop 60 of my hard earned dollars on your game, I am going to get every single penny's worth, money doesn't grow on trees and all that y'know
Old 09-01-2010, 03:08 PM   #86
Oveneise

Quote:
I agree somewhat. But some games, I just love looking at the detail. One game that I usually play pretty quick is Serious Sam: The First Encounter. But when the battles are done, I still admire the scenery. Every gamer is different man. If we were all the same... well... that would be boring.

---------- Post added at 04:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:07 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferran275 View Post
true, but the way I look at it, if I drop 60 of my hard earned dollars on your game, I am going to get every single penny's worth, money doesn't grow on trees and all that y'know
You, my friend, earn 5 internetz. You know how much time I spent marveling at Doom 3's scenery and graphics? Well... I won't go there. Lol.
Old 09-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #87
ferran275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oveneise View Post
I agree somewhat. But some games, I just love looking at the detail. One game that I usually play pretty quick is Serious Sam: The First Encounter. But when the battles are done, I still admire the scenery. Every gamer is different man. If we were all the same... well... that would be boring.
plus you have to look around for all of the RIDICULOUS secrets in that game, that takes a loooong time

and on the subject of Serious Sam, I remember spending literally HOURS gawking at the reflections on the guns and the water, so pretty