Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Shadow Warrior Source Code
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 12-15-2008, 08:10 AM   #1
8IronBob

Duke 3D's getting Duke Theft Auto, how about Ninja Row for SW?
This thread's being started as a project concept that would take place for Shadow Warrior, based on some of the same principles as Duke Theft Auto, but this will be in Japan, and will be like Saints Row to a point, where you can customize a lot of things, and earn cash, respect, and neighborhoods through missions, side minigames, and flirting with the anime babes, and doing them favors. Wonder if this would be something good for down the road.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:37 AM   #2
hightreason

Re: Duke 3D's getting Duke Theft Auto, how about Ninja Row for SW?
yeah, i reckon so, you never know, i may even get involved if this takes off. Keep pushing for it and we may get the same stuff on SW as we have for Duke.
One thing i would like to see is a Hi-Res version of Wanton Destruction after the SWHRP, and i recently did a hack of SWP to play it in that.

But ya, i like this idea, and like i say, we should push for it, as it may get people to work on SW stuffs more, damn i love that game

- Sorry if i am being a bit off-topic, i fear i am, but im not sure, ive bin drinking, sry.
Ever get the feeling you are being ignored?
Old 12-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #3
8IronBob

Sure, after all, it was Saints Row that was looked at as an innovation to GTA3, and SR2 tried to innovate over GTA4, as you well know, and people thought that Shadow Warrior tried to be better than Duke 3D, so why not?
Old 12-15-2008, 10:01 AM   #4
Daedolon
I would definately contribute for the project if SW had any user-programmable scripting language, this sounds too awesome to not to make. But only if there was a SW scripting language... Only if...
Old 12-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #5
hightreason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedolon View Post
I would definately contribute for the project if SW had any user-programmable scripting language, this sounds too awesome to not to make. But only if there was a SW scripting language... Only if...
This is the sort of thing we need to push for, we cant get the source to SWP - which is the best port - so we need to (nicely) make ProASM and anybody else that works on that to give us a means of doing it, im sure there'd be a way of making the program look for and execute an external script file - a bit like how SWCUSTOM.TXT works - but with, for example .c files maybe that were user programmable scripts written in C, which would be hard to get used to.
Ever get the feeling you are being ignored?
Old 12-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #6
8IronBob

True, if ProASM knows about what TerminX and The Commander are doing on the Duke 3D end of things, maybe he may catch on to that, and decide to bring Ninja Row into play. Of course, besides GTA-style gameplay, I believe Saints Row had some elements from The Sims in terms of customization and respect, etc... So he may have to add some of those elements to it. SR2 also added Deus Ex-style gameplay, where you could pick up foreign objects (in this case it would have to be sprites of some sort), and interact in a positive or negative matter. It sounds fairly possible once we know how much more advanced SW's version of Build is, and the overall SW technology.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:02 PM   #7
Phayzon

Sounds like an awesome idea! I hope it catches on
Old 12-17-2008, 08:25 AM   #8
The Stinger
I liked your first name(Wang Row) for the mod better.
Ninja Row sounds too generic.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:34 AM   #9
darkportrait

it would be awesome,like hightreason said we need to push for more shadow warrior stuff and get this project going!
Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 PM   #10
Hendricks266
You'll be pushing at a brick wall (reinforced with steel), because you can't magically code things for SW like EDuke32.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #11
Nimoy

Once again, 8IronBob proposes an idea.
The feeling is definitely there. It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits. We dont just want to survive, we want to succeed. - President of the USA, "They Live"