Go Back   3D Realms Forums > Blogs > Bløgg
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

I will bløgg about Formula 1 and TV shows.
Rate this Entry

2009 F1 Round 3 Chinese GP race: Red Bull gives you wings even when it rains

Submit "2009 F1 Round 3 Chinese GP race: Red Bull gives you wings even when it rains" to Digg Submit "2009 F1 Round 3 Chinese GP race: Red Bull gives you wings even when it rains" to del.icio.us Submit "2009 F1 Round 3 Chinese GP race: Red Bull gives you wings even when it rains" to StumbleUpon Submit "2009 F1 Round 3 Chinese GP race: Red Bull gives you wings even when it rains" to Google
Posted 04-19-2009 at 04:07 PM by Bludd

Excellent work by Vettel and Webber, Red Bull's first win and it's a 1-2 on top of that. Red Bull destroyed Brawn today, Button beat Barrichello who had balance issues and was not fast. They ended up 45 and 63 seconds respectively after Vettel.

Kovalainen beat Hamilton, both drove well, but Hamilton had an eventful race with many spins and off-track excursions.

Glock too was in the wars and he collided with Kubica in a race incident that spun Kubica around.

Buemi did well today, beating his team-mate and getting a point.

Alonso was undone by the safety car start and having a spin.

Räikkönen complained about the engine, but he made no mistakes. Ferrari haven't scored in 2009 and if they don't score next weekend, it will be their worst start of a season ever.

Bourdais spun and went off the road many times. He must be feeling down because his rookie team-mate is trouncing him.

Heidfeld had a mediocre race while Kubica looked like he wanted to mate his car with Trulli's Toyota. Incredibly, the BMW survived while Trulli retired.

Fisichella was beat by his team mate until Sutil aquaplaned off the road and crashed. Sutil would have been 6th or something. Yet another disappointment for Force India.

Rosberg gambled with intermediate tyres and it didn't work. Williams are not delivering, they are fast in practice and then nothing works out in the races.

Piquet ... Bad performance, many mistakes, two crashes. Although he didn't have the upgrades Alonso have got, he should have beat Fisichella at least. Not good, he's fast on track to losing his drive.

Nakajima retired, Massa's car just stopped under the second safety car and Trulli's rear wing was destroyed by a horny BMW.

The race was excellent despite the horrible weather. There were many great maneuvers (Webber on Button, Hamilton on many people) and a lot of incidents and drama.

Roll on Bahrain!
Posted in Sports
Views 53271 Comments 2
« Prev     Main     Next »
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Hamilton also had the newer revision of the car, and less fuel ...and still they managed to take Kovalainen in 1 lap behind Hamilton - why? I just ask.

Williams DID deliver goods in Malaysia, remember? Too bad the rain fuked everything :)

Ferrari lacks grip, more than few others. Hopefully the new underbody and aeroparts will improve the situation. But for Bahrain it's this car + KERS again.

Buemi is one driver I expected a lot from, and he delivers. 4 time champ car champion left behind in this early stage. Only shows that replace Bourdais, take Senna.
  2. Old Comment
    I think Toro Rosso taking on two rookies in a season without testing is a huge risk. Remember Vettel was not really a rookie when he drove for them last year, well almost not, but there were testing in the season.

Kovalainen performed well this weekend, but he needed to because he didn't get a chance to perform in the earlier races, but there is no doubt he is #2 in the team. He'll have to regularly outperform Hamilton to shift this and I'm not sure he's capable of that.

I think we need a properly dry race to see the true speed of all the cars. Renault have taken a step forward and I would like to see how much.