Forum Archive

Go Back   3D Realms Forums > 3D Realms Topics > Other Apogee/3D Realms Games > Shadow Warrior Source Code
Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Notices

Old 09-02-2008, 12:59 PM   #361
Phayzon

Re: JFShadowWarrior is available (updated 20051009)
If youre sticking with jfSW at least use the latest version (Oct. 9, not May 31). Or SWP
Old 09-03-2008, 08:13 AM   #362
8IronBob

That's what I got is SWP v11. That's the port that I'm building my project in.

Imo, I feel that JonoF and ProAsm should start a joint venture to come together to build the perfect SW port. Combine PolyMost and HRP into the same program, now that would probably bring the best of both worlds to Lo Wang's worlds. Hehe...
Old 09-03-2008, 04:31 PM   #363
Phayzon

SWP is to jfSW as EDuke32 is to jfDuke3D...
Old 09-03-2008, 05:42 PM   #364
TerminX

That's a bit of an oversimplification. EDuke32 is a 4 year (so far) project to make the best Duke3D port possible, with an estimated 40,000 more lines of code (and god knows how many other alterations) than its nearest relative, JFDuke3D. SWP is the same idea but the scale of the two projects is vastly different.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #365
Phayzon

Yes, I know that But Eduke32 is based off of jfDuke and not written from scratch right? Same goes for SWP, its based off of jfSW
Old 09-03-2008, 09:06 PM   #366
TerminX

There are far more changes between JFDuke and EDuke32 than between the original Duke source and JFDuke, though. SWP is to JFSW as Duke3dw is to JFDuke3D. I'm not trying to play down JFDuke or SWP or anything else, but it's really an apples to oranges comparison.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:19 AM   #367
supergoofy

@TerminX, I agree but Proasm is alone. He is the only one that codes Swp, although he didn't release the latest source.
Last edited by supergoofy; 09-04-2008 at 04:21 AM.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:52 AM   #368
ZaphodB

Would it be possible to get 1680x1050 resolution added? (don't wanna be any trouble)
Old 09-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #369
TerminX

Yeah, I know. I mean, JonoF codes it too (since ProAsm gets updates from JonoF's svn whenever there happen to be any, which is admittedly pretty rare) but I know what you're saying. That's part of why it's an apples to oranges comparison.

ZaphodB: does "vidmode 1680 1050 32" in the console work for you? If not, ProAsm needs to increase the MAXXDIM and MAXYDIM defines in build.h. The max in EDuke32 is currently 3072x2304, so those should be safe values to use.
Last edited by TerminX; 09-04-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #370
ZaphodB

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerminX View Post
ZaphodB: does "vidmode 1680 1050 32" in the console work for you? If not, ProAsm needs to increase the MAXXDIM and MAXYDIM defines in build.h. The max in EDuke32 is currently 3072x2304, so those should be safe values to use.
Max vid size in ProAsm's SWP is 1280x1024. In your eduke32 1680x1050 works flawlessly. I LOVE BOTH OF YOU TWO'S PROGS!!!!!!! PLEASE, both of you, never quit!! Never knew about Shadow Warrior till I became a member here (well I had heard of it, didn't know you could still get it). Just wish someone would come up with a launcher for Redneck Rampage (have that and sucking grits on route 66).
Old 09-04-2008, 02:32 PM   #371
8IronBob

Well, I'm basically using Shadow Warrior more than I ever did with Duke, don't ask me why... SW's on a far superior version of BUILD/MapEdit than Duke was, imo. Just could allow for you to do more.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:26 PM   #372
Phayzon

While with the original DOS versions of the games this was true, but I think after all EDuke32 as added this may no longer hold true
Old 09-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #373
ProAsm

As far a I remember, corect me here Tx, EDuke originally came from Duke3d version 1.3d before the Atomic pack was released, and only in 2004 was it converted to eduke32 and of course it exploded from there.

Expanding any port depends on the support it gets and as Tx rightfully puts it, currently Swp has about 1% the support eduke32 gets.
In time Swp will grow as the support grows.
Quote:
Just wish someone would come up with a launcher for Redneck Rampage (have that and sucking grits on route 66).
ZaphodB, I have a full frontend with a complete setup using Dosbox for RR and if you interested I'll put together a release version of it.
Here is a post I made about it at JF's forum...
http://www.jonof.id.au/forum/index.p...sg9752#msg9752

Oh, currently SWP is set for a max of 1600 x 1200, although the frontends only show 1280 x 1024.
I'll up that to Tx's suggestion on the next release.
Old 09-05-2008, 02:16 PM   #374
8IronBob

Guess you don't have any plans for doing 1980x1200 for widescreen support, I take it...
Old 09-05-2008, 02:18 PM   #375
ZaphodB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProAsm View Post
ZaphodB, I have a full frontend with a complete setup using Dosbox for RR and if you interested I'll put together a release version of it.
Here is a post I made about it at JF's forum...
http://www.jonof.id.au/forum/index.p...sg9752#msg9752

Oh, currently SWP is set for a max of 1600 x 1200, although the frontends only show 1280 x 1024.
I'll up that to Tx's suggestion on the next release.

Oh yes PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Haven't played RR or Sucking on Grits on Route66 in quite some time!!!!!!! Just wish I had rides Again, never got to purchase or play that one.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:19 PM   #376
ProAsm

Ok give me a few days and I'll set it up for you.
Old 09-05-2008, 03:50 PM   #377
ZaphodB

Quote:
Ok give me a few days and I'll set it up for you.
O.O

*gurgle*

thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2008, 06:51 PM   #378
TerminX

Quote:
As far a I remember, corect me here Tx, EDuke originally came from Duke3d version 1.3d before the Atomic pack was released, and only in 2004 was it converted to eduke32 and of course it exploded from there.
Not quite... the Duke 1.5 source code was first modified to become NAM in 1998, then the NAM source was modified to become WW2GI in 1999, and then the WW2GI source was modified to become the original version of EDuke sometime around 2000. In mid 2004 I created the first version of EDuke32 by taking the EDuke source and combining it with what JonoF had done with the Duke 1.5 source. There's actually a diagram somewhere showing the relation between everything but I can't find it.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #379
ProAsm

mmm, I did not know that as I left the scene around Feb 98 shortly after Unreal1 was released.
Thanks for the inlight
Old 09-06-2008, 04:23 PM   #380
8IronBob

Tsst... I've left the Build Engine since early 1998 when I first got Quake II, and finally decided to build maps around the Quake engine with QED for the first time, and that stuck to me like fly paper. I tried getting into UnrealED, but to me, QED was just a bit more my style. The Quake engine's not too bad to learn after a while... However, there's no engine easier to build maps around than Build/MapEdit, I do admit, but Quake's engine does allow for a more realistic environment.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #381
ProAsm

LOL a Quake dude.... yeah I remember the Quake/Unreal wars.
Quake R.I.P
Old 09-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #382
8IronBob

LOL, yeah, even tho the Source engine somewhat spawned off of the Quake engine, I believe, so that method of level editing is still alive through the HL2/CS franchise, but that's a different topic. Thanks for Valve for resurrecting that technology with more modern accomodations for today's needs. I'm more of a Valve dude, but they do use id's tech from that era, tho, and I do build in Quake II as a passthrough to Counter-Strike and HL.

However, if anything, I'd love to see Shadow Warrior's build try to match that of the true 3D experience sometime soon, that would be a great move, if that were to happen. For now, I believe that I'm just gonna have to make more limited version of the maps that I'm building for other games to match that of the Build technology, what can I say?
Old 09-09-2008, 02:36 AM   #383
ZaphodB

Just remembered something about RR. The traffic circle where you start out at, that's really there in Louisiana. It's in a city called Alexandria. The signs for 71North & 71South are real, it's the main north/south road through Louisiana that goes from HWY 190 near my home town of Port Barre, through Alexandria, and up to Shreveport. I-20 goes across the southern US, it's how you get from Shrevepot to Dallas, Texas. Just a little "useless information" in case you didn't know. I just found it interesting that RR was set there.
Old 09-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #384
Phayzon

Heh, thats pretty cool
Old 02-27-2009, 02:37 AM   #385
Jim Bentler
ProAsm, I went to your website to get the latest version of SWP and I saw that the most recent source you have posted is for 4.0, while SWP is now at version 4.1.1. Could you please post the latest source?

I was going to try to build it for my machine (Linux).
Old 02-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #386
hightreason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bentler View Post
ProAsm, I went to your website to get the latest version of SWP and I saw that the most recent source you have posted is for 4.0, while SWP is now at version 4.1.1. Could you please post the latest source?

I was going to try to build it for my machine (Linux).
You might have more look in the "SWP Updated" thread, where ProASM shows up most, or by sending a PM to ProASM (I can't find another way to contact him)
You could perhaps look for his e-mail on his site.

I have noticed this as well, and as i am switching to linux, i wouldnt mind getting the source as well.
Ever get the feeling you are being ignored?